PDA

View Full Version : The Voice

Jac Hawk
01-04-2012, 21:36
Now i'm usually the last person to talk about a tallent show let alone start a thread about one, but i've just watched the 2nd episode of The Voice and 1st off it's really good and the people on it can actually sing and don't make complete nobs of themselves, and secondly Simon frikin Cowell is nowhere to be seen:). Some of the singing was awesome and the guy that did the Madonna hit "like a virgin" did a truly awesome arrangement of the pop hit, i'll be tuning in next week i think:eek:

Beechwoods
01-04-2012, 21:43
Light touchpaper ;)

:popcorn:

sq225917
01-04-2012, 21:49
Stevie wonder was good last night.

Jac Hawk
01-04-2012, 21:54
him and the billy idol looky likey

YNWaN
02-04-2012, 09:57
I watched it for about fifteen minutes and found the format painfully repetitive - particularly the judges opinions section, which is about half the show.

Marco
02-04-2012, 10:11
What channel and time was it on at?

Marco.

YNWaN
02-04-2012, 10:32
BBC One, Saturday, 7pm

Marco
02-04-2012, 10:45
Ah, missed it... Does it clash with Britain's Got Talent?

Marco.

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 10:57
You can watch it on iplayer mate

Marco
02-04-2012, 11:23
Sure thing, dude - I just wondered if it was on normal TV at the same time as Britain's Got Talent, as that's what Del watches, and hence why we would've missed The Voice on Saturday :)

Marco.

YNWaN
02-04-2012, 11:35
Yeah, I think it is -to be honest, I found BGT to be less irritating!

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 12:24
Yeah, I think it is -to be honest, I found BGT to be less irritating!

For me the complete opposite, plus I like that it isn't just average Joe off the street, in the last episode there were a couple of singers who were pro's one was a singer in west end musicals and the other used to be in the 80's group 5 Star, and because the judges couldn't see them it made for some interesting choices i can tell you.

Macca
02-04-2012, 12:25
and the other used to be in the 80's group 5 Star, .

The ultimate accolade...

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 12:30
She could sing though Martin, but it was very interesting to see how quick and how many judges turned round, whereas if it had been the x factor, they would have been sayin how fantastic she was, how good she looked yada yada.....

Macca
02-04-2012, 12:37
Sorry Mike I couldn't resist - I really can't stand any of these sort of shows - I watched a bit of X Factor once where the hopefulls were queing up outside in a massively long line - almost every performance was utterly, utterly dire and when Cowell told them so they went into complete denial, even getting aggessive - talk about cognative dissonance. For me these things are a bit like the Jerry Springer Show - you only ever need to see one episode 'cause it's always the same.

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 13:15
I am sort of in the same boat as you Martin, but there is something about this show i like

anthonyTD
02-04-2012, 14:00
hi All,
I also really enjoyed it, and I think it will attract naturally talented folk who normaly shy away from the likes of Mr C's BGT, and X factor that tend to attract just about anyone who wants to be famous.
The concept is also quite intriguing at the moment as we are not sure where it will take things.:)
A...

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 14:17
I bet you liked that welsh guy, he did a great job of the Stevie Wonder classic and seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke;)

Reid Malenfant
02-04-2012, 17:30
You just can't get away from this dross even if you don't watch TV ffs :steam:

Within the last few days there was an artical in the Daily Mail or MOS about how Simon I'm A Moron Cowell is going to poach Jessie J from The Voice, as he wants her & he's going to get her :steam:

You just couldn't make this sh*t up :doh:

Short of slitting your own neck there appears to be no way of getting away from all this celebrity cobblers :mental:

Even signing out of Hotmail I get directed to MSN & more of it :eek:

Tim
02-04-2012, 17:37
Mark, you don't have a TV but you read TDM? That's guaranteed to make you cross!

:lol:

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 19:06

Within the last few days there was an artical in the Daily Mail or MOS about how Simon I'm A Moron Cowell is going to poach Jessie J from The Voice, as he wants her & he's going to get her :steam:

Short of slitting your own neck there appears to be no way of getting away from all this celebrity cobblers :mental:

Just for you mate ;)

y77uKLsNRZg

MartinT
21-04-2012, 09:49
Celebrity? I'd never even heard of Jessie J before The Voice. Must admit that the latter is a mildly entertaining programme compared with the mind-numbing cobblers on the other channels, but I'd still like to see proof that any of the winners will go on to make it big.

Tim
21-04-2012, 10:09
Well, I have never watched it and never will - I just don't have the stomach for that kind of TV.

I have however seen Steve Hughes twice and he's a really great comedian, very entertaining - thanks for the clip Mike.
He did two variations of his X-Factor skit both times I saw him, which was met by rapturous applause on both occasions.
It does make me scratch my head that so many people say they hate it, but it has such high viewing figures :scratch:
Did you know he used to be a musician in metal bands before doing stand-up? Highly recommended if you enjoy stand-up.

Jessie J was on Jools Holland some time ago Martin and although I don't like her style now, back then she just sang alongside an acoustic guitarist and was really good I thought. At that time she was wearing faded jeans with holes in and looked normal, now the commercial juggernaut has tainted her somewhat IMO.

Dominic Harper
21-04-2012, 10:24
Dom and I started watching this program and I couldn't believe the singers that Jessie J and Will I am were ignoring last week. Jessie J has no idea about talent, she copied Will I am. She showed her inexperience in my opinion. She was acting like Will I am's shadow. Will started to get upset about the song that he wrote that had personal memories for him, low an behold, Jessie J started to cry, what a dumb be-atch. I really liked Jessie J up until watching her on the voice. I have to say though, that the only legend on this program is good old Tom Jones and I hope one of his artists win, this will sort the wheat from the chafe imho. Although, it is by far a much more fairer competition as the voices are not based on how they look.

Natalie;)

MartinT
21-04-2012, 10:34
I just watched that Jessie J performance on Jools Holland and she is not my thing at all, although she has a passable voice.

anthonyTD
21-04-2012, 10:50
Just for you mate ;)

y77uKLsNRZg

Brilliant,
And so true...
A...

ursus262
21-04-2012, 15:23

But the Daily Mail makes most things up! Did't you know? If you want dross, then read the Daily Heil/Mail.

Reid Malenfant
21-04-2012, 15:34
But the Daily Mail makes most things up! Did't you know?
Well they say ignorance is bliss :eyebrows:

The Black Adder
21-04-2012, 15:46
Hate it Hate it Hate it... Sorry but I hate it and I'm proud to not get sucked in to any of the spin of any talent show no matter how much people talk about it.

Talent shows are lazy telly, cooky cut, shrink wrapped, pre-packed cack!

Tim
21-04-2012, 16:25
Talent shows are lazy telly, cooky cut, shrink wrapped, pre-packed cack!
:clapclapclap:

... with bells on :eyebrows:
Each to their own mind you, but I hate them with a passion - in fact they actually make me mad!

Gmanuk101
21-04-2012, 16:46
Bill Hicks needs to see this show!

Gmanuk101
26-04-2012, 13:19
actually the Voice fills the gap that for those who enjoy X-Factor but wish to have more turning

synsei
26-04-2012, 15:28
I do enjoy The Voice because it is based on talent rather than looks. The auditions phase of the show was very refreshing however I am not so enamoured of the Battles segment, even though there were some really excellent performances in this section. It was also good to see talented amateurs knock professionals for six. After the Battles we move on to the final stage where the public get to vote for their favourite acts. This is a worry to me as it could easily end up being just another version of X Factor which would impact on the shows unique format.

Jac Hawk
26-04-2012, 15:52
I'm with you Dave the blind selections were great but the battles hmmmm, seemed to me the person who could literally shout the loudest get through, and as we all know you don't have to have a big voice to be a great singer, so this part of the contest put that type of singer at a massive disadvantage, still watching it though:)

Gmanuk101
26-04-2012, 15:53
there should be a final section, whereupon they are tied together arm in arm and have to battle it out like Kirk and Spock.

Jac Hawk
26-04-2012, 15:58
there should be a final section, whereupon they are tied together arm in arm and have to battle it out like Kirk and Spock.

Easy Tiger lets not get carried away:lol:

synsei
26-04-2012, 16:00

Hahaha, now that I'd like to see... :D

Audioman
26-04-2012, 16:18
I'm with you Dave the blind selections were great but the battles hmmmm, seemed to me the person who could literally shout the loudest get through, and as we all know you don't have to have a big voice to be a great singer, so this part of the contest put that type of singer at a massive disadvantage, still watching it though:)

I'm afraid from the limited amount I saw that looking the part started coming into it above the best singer certainly for at least one judge. I suppose once you can see as well as hear that is inevitable. It is likely to become a bit like the other 'talent' shows but at least the talentless delusionists can't get through to become the next Jedwood. The show apparently originated in Holland so I imagine the franchise limits the format.

Macca
27-04-2012, 12:56

Or fight an emourmous Lizard Man on a barren asteroid. That's something everyone can enjoy.

The wrong people are making TV shows these days...