PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes, young people with no Hi Fi.

Welder
01-04-2012, 12:21
:eyebrows:

This is the latest offering from a couple of the younger generation in my family and friends.
Good to see young people making music and thanks to those horrible computer type things, able to distribute it for nothing and hopefully demonstrate that musical appreciation isn’t dead and young people aren’t all threatening hoodies at the end of your street.

qSh2O1d2gX4

Jac Hawk
01-04-2012, 22:38
Nice one john, sounds like they're from northern Spain, Basque or Catalan perhaps, i'm a big fan of the music from the north of Spain i must admit, groups like Platero y tu and Su Ta Gar are a couple of my faves

keiths
02-04-2012, 10:42
Very nice John. Catchy song and everyone looked like they were having fun making the video. Definately some Catalan flags here and there.

Welder
02-04-2012, 11:45
Yep Mike and Keith, Catalan. :)

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 12:18
so do you speak Spanish John, or should i say Juan;)

Welder
02-04-2012, 12:36
so do you speak Spanish John, or should i say Juan;)

Ah, well, now there's a problem.
I did learn a bit of Castilian many years ago but if you speak Castilian in Catalonia you're not going to make many friends with the locals. ;) So, I'm trying to learn Catalan.

A bit of my family have lived in Catalonia for twenty something years and other bits live in Sicily and Southern Italy.

Most of my family speak at least four languages, especially the youngsters. Despite speaking a little German I'm the family cultural peasant when it comes to languages; shameful really.:(

I'm going to have to sort at least two because I'm not staying here in England. :eyebrows::D

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 13:05
I'll be leaving blighty eventually John, probably back to Spain for me, i really love it there.

My ex has a sister living just outside Barcelona, she doesn't have any real problems only speaking Spanish, but then she is Basque, to be honest when i've been in Cataluna and spoke Spanish i've not had any problems either, the locals know you're not Spanish and don't expect you to be able to speak their language, i guess it's different though if you come from Madrid:eek:

Welder
02-04-2012, 13:06
In concert. :D

2cUd9S2oArw

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 13:34
is what they'll be doing when they're a bit older

nmoXDU4BAgI&ob=av2n

Welder
02-04-2012, 13:59
is what they'll be doing when they're a bit older

nmoXDU4BAgI&ob=av2n

Given that Catalonia seems to be taking the brunt of the austerity measures forced on Spain by the International banking community and they already have overall unemployment levels of 24%, higher if you're young, probably not If the not so well publicised scenes of the recent events in Barcelona are anything to go by.

Lovely music in the link though Mike. :)

Jac Hawk
02-04-2012, 14:24
The problem in Spain in general is that there are an awful lot of people with government jobs, just look at the police force, in the basque country there are 4 different police forces from the guardia civil to the local police with loads of bureaucrats and pencil pushers in between, the country just can't sustain it