View Full Version : FS: Reson DomoWS turntable wallstand

nat8808
30-03-2012, 18:50
I've a Reson Domo WS wall stand for sale:

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1894/8521336/24017243/400862354.jpg

This is the wall stand recommended for the high-end Reson Rota:

http://www.audiopur.ch/uploads/pics/rota1_02.jpg

(image from Audiopur, a Swiss dealer)

Support is excellent for lighter decks like the Rega P3 and Rega modified decks.

Asking around £75 - it unbolts and packs flat so is easy to post.

RRP is around £195 or so I think.

I also have a Reson RS1 deck with Reson RB250 if people are interested.

peelaaa
30-03-2012, 20:09
Hi, what maximum weight can it hold?

thanks

nat8808
31-03-2012, 16:55
Hi Ian,

I'll find out for you as I'm not too sure... Basically the supporting sections are constructed using M5 bolts at each point and fairly strong but not good for massive turntables.

For example, I would be fine putting an LP12 on there (with a stronger base board) but not my Pink Triangle Anniversary (near enough a solid MDF plinth).

I've sent a couple of emails equiring but not heard back so far..

Ducatiist
01-04-2012, 10:43
I've been looking at this wall shelf for a while trying to work out how its fitted....just realised its photographed fitted to the wall and its a tripod arrangement, so the turntable sits on the three points.

Looks like an interesting system. GLWTS

nat8808
01-04-2012, 22:39
lol - well it's sitting as if it was on a wall but actually laying on the surface next to the sink in my bathroom.. I've rotated the photo by 90'

It is an interesting system - their stands (for all gear) are based on a light-weight and minimal coupling kind of principle. The DNM equipment is light and they avoid energy storage in heavier supports and with their turntables a kind of loose coupling of surfaces is recommended (to prevent vibration transmission I think, transmission being inefficient when things aren't coupled tightly).

The turntable sits on the three rubber 'feet' at the top.

YNWaN
02-04-2012, 08:12
It's rather a rare thing this wall bracket - it's the first time I've ever seen one (I've seen the floor stand a few times and that is already a rare object}.

nat8808
05-04-2012, 20:24
It's rather a rare thing this wall bracket - it's the first time I've ever seen one (I've seen the floor stand a few times and that is already a rare object}.

Have they stopped making them?

I think it is still the stand used with the Reson Rota but then there aren't many Rotas around either.

nat8808
05-04-2012, 22:30
Hi, what maximum weight can it hold?

thanks

Finally got an answer.. the Reson email address wasn't being answered. It was recommended to me by Denis Morecroft that an item should be around 10kg max although I have had placed on it heavier than that I think. I think his answer was based on the weight of the Rota as his first line was to say how it works with all DNM Reson turntables (not necessarily helpful info) and that was what it was designed for..

Can be hard getting info from manufacturers when they always recommend only using their own products! Had the same experience when asking about my PA2 monoblocks - was told first told that it only works with pres that they currently sell, then with further pressing found it was fine with any pre given certain pre-requisites (forgive the pun) and then find that actually it was even reviewed originally with DNM's 3A which Denis told me wouldn't work (and again told a potential buyer that it wouldn't work so he declined to buy - very annoying)! Often better off working things out on your own..

nat8808
08-05-2012, 20:28
bump

nat8808
13-06-2012, 12:41
I'll close this up - SOLD