dantheman91
27-03-2012, 19:43
Hi

cant wait its gonna be awesome :cool::cool:

Mothman
29-03-2012, 20:07
Hi

cant wait its gonna be awesome :cool::cool:

Should be good Dan, you seen him before or this the first time?

dantheman91
29-03-2012, 20:33
Hi

First time mate should be good and loud.

Tim
29-03-2012, 20:35
He's a pretty good live act Dan, I'm going too :)

Mothman
29-03-2012, 20:53
You won't be dissapointed guys, enjoy:)

I've seen him 4 times and he has been brilliant every time especially the RAH gig (though probably not the not the best sound that night). I saw him last time he was at the BIC (good venue) and it was great. I would have loved to go tomorrow night but the cost to sit in the same seat as last time was £50 which put me of a touch, also the last couple of times I've seen him the set list has been pretty much the same and so I decided to take a rain check this time.

Tim
29-03-2012, 20:59
This will be my 4th time Rich, I was at the BIC last time too. First time I saw him was the gig he refereed to at the last BIC one. A small club, 60 people and Joe was rather plump then with long hair, wearing jeans and a T shirt - times are a little different now. If I am honest I preferred him at that point, all the glitz is a little distracting now, but he's still one of the best blues rock guitarists out there.

I missed the RAH gig, wish I hadn't as I have the DVD and what a great night it looked.

Mothman
30-03-2012, 07:03
This will be my 4th time Rich, I was at the BIC last time too. First time I saw him was the gig he refereed to at the last BIC one. A small club, 60 people and Joe was rather plump then with long hair, wearing jeans and a T shirt - times are a little different now. If I am honest I preferred him at that point, all the glitz is a little distracting now, but he's still one of the best blues rock guitarists out there.

I missed the RAH gig, wish I hadn't as I have the DVD and what a great night it looked.

Tim, I can imagine Joe in a small venue such as Mr Kyps was someting special. The slimmed downed Joe looks a lot better but I do wish he'd ditch the shiny suits:lol:

Tim
30-03-2012, 08:33
Tim, I can imagine Joe in a small venue such as Mr Kyps was someting special.
That was rather a night for sure, especially as I had no idea who he was prior to going..... the shiny suits.... hmmm, totally agree there too :rolleyes:

Dan, I'm sure you probably know this already, but just in case you don't? Joe is due on stage at 7.30pm prompt, there is no support act and the show is due to end at 10.00pm. (doors open 7.00pm). Would hate for you to miss anything and I'm sure a few will be caught out.

dantheman91
30-03-2012, 09:01
Hi

cool guys cant wait. yeah i will be there at 6pm nice and early for a pint or 2 but man there expensive. the tickets were a bit pricey but hey got to find something to spend my money on.

Tim
30-03-2012, 14:58
The setlist looks smokin', can't wait :)

Tim
30-03-2012, 22:11
Now that's what I'm talking about, stonking gig . . . no shiny suits, no pretentious stage set like last time, just 2 1/2 hours of solid class - that boy can make a Les Paul sing :)
The best I have seen him, apart from Mr Kyps ;)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/bonamassa1.jpg

setlist.pdf (http://www.bluedive.co.uk/gigs/setlist.pdf)

Mothman
31-03-2012, 07:57
Sounds like you had a great time Tim, good set list too:).

Tim
31-03-2012, 09:41
Sounds like you had a great time Tim, good set list too:).
It was excellent Rich, a step backwards as far as visual presentation and a step forward musically, which works for me. A minimal stage set-up, with flight cases stacked around the sides and a simple but effective lighting rig - a good old fashioned rock show, with a heavy emphasis on the blues - it felt much more like a blues club than a large venue. You got the impression they were there to play music not dazzle you with 'show biz'. He had 2 guest guitarists too, Bernie Marsden and a young kid whose name escapes me (Russ something I think?), this added a real edge to the show. He played the best 'John Henry' I have seen him do as well.

To be honest I was in two minds about going after his last BIC performance, which left me a little underwhelmed - so glad I changed my mind. I hope he maintains this style of presentation. It was sold out too, which the last one wasn't.

By the way, the first encore track 'Driving Towards the Daylight' is the title track of his new album, which is due out shortly.

His 7.30pm prompt start with no support caught quite a few people out too :doh:

EDIT:

Sorted, the young guy is Rus Scagell

18zqg3brNH8

dantheman91
31-03-2012, 09:54
Hi

Abdolutly phonomanal well worth the money and wait. 2/5 hours playing no stop now thats what im talking about. and at the end on maidens 2 mins to midnight the volume went up again wow. :stalks: and thew orginal whitesnake gutarist too what a legend a truly amazing night. the new album is going to be awesome cant wait. now thats a bluesman who can play and sing.

Mothman
31-03-2012, 17:39
It was excellent Rich, a step backwards as far as visual presentation and a step forward musically, which works for me. A minimal stage set-up, with flight cases stacked around the sides and a simple but effective lighting rig - a good old fashioned rock show, with a heavy emphasis on the blues - it felt much more like a blues club than a large venue. You got the impression they were there to play music not dazzle you with 'show biz'. He had 2 guest guitarists too, Bernie Marsden and a young kid whose name escapes me (Russ something I think?), this added a real edge to the show. He played the best 'John Henry' I have seen him do as well.

To be honest I was in two minds about going after his last BIC performance, which left me a little underwhelmed - so glad I changed my mind. I hope he maintains this style of presentation. It was sold out too, which the last one wasn't.

:doh:

EDIT:

Sounds like you and Dan had great night, sorry I missed it. I know what you mean about the last BIC gig, don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed it but I did come away with a slight feeling of I'd seen it all before and in truth I probably enjoyed Sandi Thoms set as much as I did Joe's (not sure if those two are still an item).

Good to hear that the old stager 'Bernie Marsden' made an appearance. Has he slimmed down any? as the last time I saw him it was defiintely as case of 'who ate all the pies', hopefully Joe's been giving him some diet tips:lol:

Tim
03-04-2012, 21:50
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/551598_10151457147900094_2128917650.jpg

dantheman91
04-04-2012, 19:02
Hopefully he's comming back next year :rock::guitar::guitar:

Tim
04-04-2012, 19:18
If he puts on a show like that again, I would have no hesitation in seeing him again.

dantheman91
04-04-2012, 19:32
Too Right :)