PDA

View Full Version : FS: Silver Mithril Speaker Cable 2.3m

technobear
27-03-2012, 12:42
SOLD: Silver Mithril Speaker Cable 2.3m pair terminated with bananas

It's back! By popular demand, the legendary Silver Mithril from the equally legendary Frontfloater Bob. So good I bought it twice (no, really).

This surely needs no introduction here but I've given it one anyway 'cos I'm in a good mood. Absolutely stunning cable. Deeper bass. Crisper highs. Amazingly transparent mids. Less noise. Less harshness. Great value too!

£80 incl. UK delivery. SOLD

http://www.technobear.btinternet.co.uk/images/Mithril.jpg

:stalks:

Effem
27-03-2012, 13:00
As I see it from the picture above, it is the Mark 1 version - in my opinion the best, way better than the later Mark 2 which hasd a larger diameter and a propensity for not liking bending too much.

This particular cable has a twisted pair configuration with 0.4mm PURE SILVER soft annealed conductors, insulated with Mica and Teflon, with a soft rubber-like damping encapsulating material, finally wrapped in the blue outer sheath. I used to sell exactly the same cable, which was sourced from Dope Sounds in Germany - sadly now defunct.

TNT review: http://www.tnt-audio.com/accessories/voodoo_e.html

My new bathroom has drained my piggy bank otherwise I would have these

technobear
27-03-2012, 13:21
SOLD

Frontfloater
24-02-2014, 17:37
Wow - I'm a legend in my own lifetime! Thanks, technobear.

BTW, FM's spec was wrong - the conductors were 1mm diameter and parallel not twisted. They LOOKED twisted because I twisted the stripped conductors before applying the heatshrink, once I had stripped off the insulation at the ends. And 0.4 would have been a bit weedy for carrying a speaker signal.

BOB

icehockeyboy
25-02-2014, 15:04
Wow - I'm a legend in my own lifetime! Thanks, technobear.

BTW, FM's spec was wrong - the conductors were 1mm diameter and parallel not twisted. They LOOKED twisted because I twisted the stripped conductors before applying the heatshrink, once I had stripped off the insulation at the ends. And 0.4 would have been a bit weedy for carrying a speaker signal.

BOB

Great to see you around these parts Bob!