PDA

View Full Version : Eh?

icehockeyboy
25-03-2012, 18:34
Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy, or maybe a bit wiser as the years go by, but recently on one or two forums, not this one by the way (so far anyway!) I have seen ads placed by people who have bought something, possibly on impulse, found they didn't want/like whatever it was, and then try to sell it on at the same price they paid. Now, if they had bought something with an RRP many times what they paid, I would say this is fair enough, but mostly they aren't, and to me it just seems a bit naive to expect to get all of the money back that they paid, when the article involved now has one more owner to it's history.

Ever tried that with a new car, taking it to the dealer a week or two later and expecting back what you paid for it ? The world just don't work like that! ;)

Reid Malenfant
25-03-2012, 18:42
Well you know what they say... God loves a tryer :lol:

Marco
25-03-2012, 18:54
Indeed; but he'd probably spell it properly! :eyebrows: ;)

:D

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
25-03-2012, 18:59
:ner: I guess I'll sort that out then :eyebrows:

I need to lay off the bloody sauce, you got me questioning myself :mental:

:rfl:

Marco
25-03-2012, 19:02
Lol! I'll give you a clue... The error is with "tryer"... Try 'trier' instead ;)

Marco.

Reid Malenfant
25-03-2012, 19:06
Lol! I'll give you a clue... The error is with "tryer"... Try 'trier' instead ;)

Marco.
Type "tryer" into google....

http://www.wordnik.com/words/tryer

Then again that could be the bloomin americans corrupting english once again :lol:

Marco
25-03-2012, 19:13
It is indeed! ;)

Marco.

bogle111
25-03-2012, 19:13
'trier'

That's in Germany!?! OK I'll run with it, but shouldn't that be trierite.

Alex_UK
26-03-2012, 10:33
I have seen ads placed by people who have bought something, possibly on impulse, found they didn't want/like whatever it was, and then try to sell it on at the same price they paid. Now, if they had bought something with an RRP many times what they paid, I would say this is fair enough, but mostly they aren't, and to me it just seems a bit naive to expect to get all of the money back that they paid, when the article involved now has one more owner to it's history.

Ever tried that with a new car, taking it to the dealer a week or two later and expecting back what you paid for it ? The world just don't work like that! ;)

If it was NEW and they are expecting the same back, then no way, but if it was second-hand and bought off eBay etc. then to me getting the same amount back is fine if it is in the same condition. One of the joys of buying second hand kit is that you rarely lose money.

icehockeyboy
26-03-2012, 11:48
If it was NEW and they are expecting the same back, then no way, but if it was second-hand and bought off eBay etc. then to me getting the same amount back is fine if it is in the same condition. One of the joys of buying second hand kit is that you rarely lose money.

The one I saw when I posted this was new from a shop!

The seller even mentioned that if it went wrong, the buyer would have to contact him as the g'tee was not transferable.