PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd - best they ever were

MikeMusic
23-03-2012, 09:31
In my opinion
:-)

I recorded this off the Radio a long time ago 3&3/4 quarter track, tape now quite knackered

The whole concert is on Youtube and its not half bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAiR5H2U01Q

Audioman
23-03-2012, 09:56
Great - Embryo is an unreleased rarity that demands to be heard (only available on a rare sampler in short form). It would make sense if PF put out a compilation of rare and unreleased material and perhaps an official Pompey on LP !

MikeMusic
23-03-2012, 10:03
I saw Atom Heart Mother at Shepton Mallet festival in 1970 (71?) at around 2am in the morning - stunning and not spoilt by falling asleep continuously as so tired.

sparrow
23-03-2012, 13:08
I have a 2 cd bootleg of that very show..excellent stuff..would love to see Pompie on LP or CD but don't think it will happen.

MikeMusic
23-03-2012, 13:55
Check out the quality on youtube, might be better

Beechwoods
27-03-2012, 20:32
I saw Atom Heart Mother at Shepton Mallet festival in 1970 (71?) at around 2am in the morning - stunning and not spoilt by falling asleep continuously as so tired.

You lucky man, it was 1970, and one of our fellow members Barry was there too. I'd have liked to have been there, but sadly I wasn't to be born for another 2½ years :)

The Byrds also played an excellent set. Most of the show was recorded one way or another and tapes circulate.

Talking of tapes, fan-release group Harvested did a fantastic job on the broadcast(s) you linked to at the top of this post. If you Google you should find it in lossless form... I'll bet their release was the source of that YouTube clip.

Rare Bird
27-03-2012, 23:08
Great - Embryo is an unreleased rarity that demands to be heard (only available on a rare sampler in short form). It would make sense if PF put out a compilation of rare and unreleased material and perhaps an official Pompey on LP !

If your having trouble locating Picnic: 'Breath Of Fresh Air' there's 'A Breath Of Fresh Air – A Harvest Records Anthology 1969–1974 CD..

If only vinyl will do the track was also released on the 'Works' fuzzy

Beechwoods
28-03-2012, 06:22
Good call Andr'e.

MikeMusic
28-03-2012, 07:16
You lucky man, it was 1970, and one of our fellow members Barry was there too. I'd have liked to have been there, but sadly I wasn't to be born for another 2½ years :)

The Byrds also played an excellent set. Most of the show was recorded one way or another and tapes circulate.

Talking of tapes, fan-release group Harvested did a fantastic job on the broadcast(s) you linked to at the top of this post. If you Google you should find it in lossless form... I'll bet their release was the source of that YouTube clip.

This was the beginning of the end, in my opinion of music festivals - for the dead keen music enthusiasts. We were a bit odd and very prepared with extra jumpers, coats, primus stove canned food. There were noticeably more people than previously to be seen and say they were there than we had seen before. Fires were started for the poorly dressed to keep warm.

Then - Fire engines attended with sirens going - in the middle of Zeppelin - Whole lotta love. Initially we thought it was part of the show. Great effect anyway
Some Hells Angels trying to organise made us uncomfortable

Think the Byrds had to play acoustic, standing clear of mics as the rain had made all the kit live. A few bands had to play acoustic

One of the best weekends of my life by far

Thanks for the Harvested tip. I'll go looking. Wonder if the fire engines made it ? :-)