PDA

View Full Version : DIY VTA Adjuster for older Rega Arms

Reffc
22-03-2012, 12:20
Just thought I'd share a tip for owners of the older RB250, 300 and 600 which came without VTA adjustment.

You can use mountain bike Ahead set spacers available in 0.5mm, 1mm, 1.5, 2 and 4mm sizes to shim the armpost. Invovles removing the arm (5 minute job) inserting the correct thickness spacer between arm mount and plinth and then doing up retaining bolt under the plinth. Remember that Rega advice NOT overtightening this bolt. Finger tight is sufficient (just nipped up). The spacers are avialble from bicycle spares outlets and shops for pennies (I paid about 50p per spacer when I did my RB600 a few years back).

Cheap and effective solution when you want to change your cartridge and re-set VTA accordingly.

Wakefield Turntables
22-03-2012, 17:25
Great tip, I'll probably do this when I mount my technoarm to the new plinth i'm having made for my 301:eyebrows:

Floyddroid
20-05-2014, 19:24
Where will i get one? Halfords?
Just thought I'd share a tip for owners of the older RB250, 300 and 600 which came without VTA adjustment.

You can use mountain bike Ahead set spacers available in 0.5mm, 1mm, 1.5, 2 and 4mm sizes to shim the armpost. Invovles removing the arm (5 minute job) inserting the correct thickness spacer between arm mount and plinth and then doing up retaining bolt under the plinth. Remember that Rega advice NOT overtightening this bolt. Finger tight is sufficient (just nipped up). The spacers are avialble from bicycle spares outlets and shops for pennies (I paid about 50p per spacer when I did my RB600 a few years back).

Cheap and effective solution when you want to change your cartridge and re-set VTA accordingly.

Kember
20-05-2014, 20:06
Paul

Great tip - and not just for the Rega.

I've been scratching my head about the Scheu Cantus as well. It has VTA but not enough to save me buying a new armboard. I wanted a little bit more height on the outrigger for my Clearaudio - instead I can reuse the old armboard and shim up the post a bit. Genius!

P

PaulStewart
20-05-2014, 21:17
Great tip Paul I always used to use large plumbing washers but these look better. These ones seem cool

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fsa-carbon-headset-spacers/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&utm_source=pla&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=uk&kpid=5360470144

hifi_dave
22-05-2014, 16:51
Tecno Arm has height adjustment.