View Full Version : For sale: Beresford TC-7520SE Caiman DAC

Werner Berghofer
20-03-2012, 10:45
For sale:

• Beresford TC-7520SE Caiman DAC with
• Gator audio upgrade PCB,
• Caiman power supply, EU & universal 2-pin plug, and
• original packaging.

Two coaxial inputs, one TosLink, one USB input. One year old, perfect condition.

Asking for £ 140.– | € 168.– plus shipment from Austria. Payment options: PayPal or bank transfer.

Werner.

d00gz
21-04-2012, 17:28
Hi,

Are you still trying to sell your Caiman?

icehockeyboy
21-04-2012, 17:46
Excuse me hijacking the thread.....but Very Nice old Photomic you have there! (ok that only relates to the head, but you know what I mean!)
Brings back memories of mine.

Werner Berghofer
21-04-2012, 22:40
Doug,

Are you still trying to sell your Caiman?

yes, I am. Are you interested in buying it?

Werner.

The Vinyl Adventure
21-04-2012, 23:16
Excuse me hijacking the thread.....but Very Nice old Photomic you have there! (ok that only relates to the head, but you know what I mean!)

Sexy black one too
I have a silver one ... But unfortunately it's not 100% working as the pin the "bunny ears" lock into doesn't engage properly all the time for some reason ...

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/9be28ca4.jpg

Excuse the wonky photo it was taken with my iPhone rested on a book using "nightcap" app

Werner Berghofer
22-04-2012, 07:59
Craig, Hamish:

but Very Nice old Photomic you have there!

Thank you, it’s a wonderful camera and still in perfect working condition. Twelve years ago I nearly had a cardiac arrest because the camera strap opened and the camera crashed to the concrete floor of the Vienna airport – but this did not cause any harm to the camera.

I also have a Nikon F3 (black body) and some Nikon lenses, all in very good condition and still fully functional.

Werner.

The Vinyl Adventure
22-04-2012, 11:19
I too have an f3(hp) which is up there with my faves ... Along with the fm2n which I picked up for a laughable £25 not so long ago!

icehockeyboy
22-04-2012, 11:38
Craig, Hamish:

Thank you, it’s a wonderful camera and still in perfect working condition. Twelve years ago I nearly had a cardiac arrest because the camera strap opened and the camera crashed to the concrete floor of the Vienna airport – but this did not cause any harm to the camera.

I also have a Nikon F3 (black body) and some Nikon lenses, all in very good condition and still fully functional.

Werner.

I fell up some steps with mine and it took a bang, unfortunately knocking the Photomic head out by 3 stops in it's accuracy! Nikon gave me a replacement though!

I got nothing (by comparison) when I sold it :(

Anyone interested in a 43/86 Nikkor zoom?

Werner, just realised how much I have taken this off topic. Many apologies!

Spur07
22-04-2012, 14:24
You needn't of worried Werner, those cameras were made to be thrown about! Proper hard as nails stuff.

P

Craig, Hamish:

Werner.

Werner Berghofer
22-04-2012, 15:11
Paul,

those cameras were made to be thrown about! Proper hard as nails stuff.

I know. In the Nikon museum in Tokyo a famous Nikon F is shown. In 1967 it saved the life of a war photographer in Vietnam by stopping a bullet which otherwise would have knocked through the photographer’s chest. Allegedly and quite rightly the lucky photographer swore to never use any other camera than a Nikon.

Werner.

The Vinyl Adventure
22-04-2012, 16:31
http://www.fine-grains.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bullet-hit-Nikon-F.jpg

icehockeyboy
22-04-2012, 19:08
You needn't of worried Werner, those cameras were made to be thrown about! Proper hard as nails stuff.

P

Maybe so, but as I wrote earlier, mine was put out by 3 f stops by a comparatively small knock, which if one relied upon the photomic's ttl metering, would mean wrong exposures by a big margin!

Now, come on someone, buy Werner's Beresford! :)