PDA

View Full Version : Transmission line speakers (ipl)

mattclaire
19-03-2012, 20:40
Are my transmission line speakers ipl which are very rare, these have been my pride and joy for the past 4 years i am very reluctantly to swap. The 10" drivers in the speakers are made from carbon fibre, vifa d76mx mid range speakers, and merlin tweeters
i have had the crossovers professionally built and have been built externally which you can see in the pictures, which have been set up to the highest standard, they are biwire crossovers.
The cabinets have been professionally highly glossed black painted and are in excellent condition with no marks or scratches on at all. Also included in are the white stands which are filled with sand and have spikes on the bottom to keep them lifted off the floor again these have been professionally painted white.
I have these speakers currently set up with my revox amp and i have used many top quality amps including naim audio and pure sound valve amp, and they sound excellent with any amp used, i recall that the speakers are 91db which means they are very easy to drive.
I must say with my amp at the moment they sound outstanding with very tight bass and very musical, to understand the unbelievable performance these speakers can do, you are very welcome to come view and listen, hese speakers are very high in speculation and i have spent a fortune on getting them to look and sound the way they do:)
dimensions are
speakers:
Height 37" with stands 42"
width 12.5"
depth 16"

stands alone
height 5"
depth 16"
width 12.5

i'm open to swaps just fancy a change :) ????????