View Full Version : Reference "Orbiter"

Reffc
19-03-2012, 11:50
Reference Fidelity Components is pleased to announce that its new record stabiliser , the "Reference Orbiter" has gone into production with the first units rolling off the production line in 4 weeks time. I have changed the name from "Meteor" and there have been a few last minute tweaks to the design which has the following features and benefits:

-High quality solid brass construction, CNC machined for accuracy. We have chosen brass for its none-magnetic properties to ensure that there is zero potential interference with delicate cartridges. Brass is also pretty much sonically "dead" material at this weight and size so the Orbiter will not ring under its intended use

-CNC machining means that the Orbiter is circular to within very high tolerances to ensure the balance of the turntable isn't upset to ensure perfect speed stability

-75mm diameter, 25mm high -the low centre of gravity of the Orbiter ensures it is stable on the record and weight is distributed evenly over the centre label area of the record to achieve consistent coupling over the entire contact area

-800g high mass design which helps flatten out slightly warped LPs and has found in our listening tests to be the optimum mass for achieving greatest sonic benefits

-20mm long blind spindle hole with a slight entrance chamfer to ensure that the weight is positioned perfectly centrally on the record and is easy to locate

-All edges rounded and the weight given a mirror polish finish so your Orbiter will not only perform brilliantly it will also look great too!

-Twin nitrile rubber damping rings to eliminate any possible ringing in the already sonically dead material plus eases handling of the mirror polished surface

Initial trials with the prototypes resulted in greater clarity of sound, especially bass response.

The Orbiter will retail for just £55 (which, compared with market competition for such a high quality item, is very reasonable indeed!) and will be available for dispatch in 4 weeks time. Please PM me to place your pre-order and to avoid the disappointment of having to wait for the next production run.

MartinT
19-03-2012, 13:00
A photo would be good please, Paul.

Reffc
19-03-2012, 16:38
Hi Martin,

Yes, I intend posting a photo as soon as I get the first one off the production line. The prototypes were not polished or finished to the final standard so I didn't want to post pictures of them.