PDA

View Full Version : Audio Origami

snapper
15-03-2012, 10:26
Johnnie comes to the rescue, once again.

I snapped off one of the metal tags on a cartridge whilst removing it from the headshell. I sent off an e-mail to Johnnie explaining the problem and an hour later I'm in his new workshop having a cuppa tea.

Cartridge tags soldered and after a good chinwag, I headed home and fitted it back onto my arm. Bliss. Now both channels are working perfectly.

Here's to Johnnie at Audio Origami (http://www.audioorigami.co.uk/), a true gent, one of the good guys.

Thanks again Johnnie.

:cool:

Marco
15-03-2012, 10:36
Nice one, dude, and typical of Johnnie. I'm glad you guys have hooked up again :)

I haven't seen him since the Whittlebury Hall show a couple of years back. I'm glad he's doing well for himself now. One of the true good guys in the business, and who's in it for the right reasons!

Let's hear it for J7! :youtheman: :clap:

Marco.

stupinder
15-03-2012, 11:17
don't know J7 himself but love the R200 i have that's been breathed on by him!

JazzBones
15-03-2012, 11:26
J7, or as I call him, the Scottish Viking, is a real beaut person. He reworked my Linn Ekos tonearm for me sometime back. Kondo silver wiring from cartridge pins to SME arm socket, intelligent internal damping, his decoupled arm weight, and new arm cable. And, when I feffed up a cartridge tag he re-fixed it for nowt, can't beat service like that. This arm is for keeps! :)

When it comes to tonearms this guy can't be beat, I second Marco's endorsements.:thumbsup:

Ron :)