PDA

View Full Version : SME series IIIs counter weight

Djinn
10-03-2012, 22:30
Is there anybody that have two counter weight's for the SME 3009 series III s tonearm for sale? The counterweights for the simplified version that I have are flat square with a notche on either side.

With kind regards

Martin

jaym481
10-03-2012, 23:21
I have a bunch of Series III parts, including some IIIs bits. If you have a pic showing what you need I might be able to help you out. Are you talking about the saddle weights (the side ones), or the lead slabs?

Djinn
10-03-2012, 23:58
I have a bunch of Series III parts, including some IIIs bits. If you have a pic showing what you need I might be able to help you out. Are you talking about the saddle weights (the side ones), or the lead slabs?

It is the weights at the back of the tonearm that is the counterweight for the arm and cartridge.
If you have two or three of these weights for sale I am really interested.
Please see picture below.

With kind regards

Martin

Djinn
11-03-2012, 21:11
Is there anyone that has 2-3 such weights?

With kind regards

Martin

jaym481
11-03-2012, 23:00
cMost of my stuff is still in in boxes after my move. I'll need a little time to check if I have any of those to spare. I think I have a couple. I assume you want the thinner ones, not the thick?

Djinn
12-03-2012, 00:39
The thin ones with the notches would be perfect, the part number like in the picture is 3906. I am wondering if the thick ones is only suitable in the series III non simplified.

With kind regards

Martin

jaym481
12-03-2012, 22:59
Sorry Martin. I checked a few boxes and came up with no extras (I have some extra side weights though). From here I can only recommend EBay, as they come up from time to time. I'f I do find any in the bottom of any of the remaining boxes I have, I will let you know.

AlfaGTV
16-03-2012, 14:06
Cant be all that difficult getting one's hands on some led plates at a local scrapyard? From there on using the old ones as a template trimm away with a carpenters knife or similar?

Anyways, sorry i havent got any spares either...

Best of luck to ya!

BR Mike

Djinn
23-03-2012, 21:33
Thanks for the advice, I recon this is the way to get it up and running faster than just sitting around waiting. And I can always be on the look out for some spares just to get that completly original look and feeling.

Thanks with kind regards

Martin

Mariogert
09-06-2012, 18:51
Dear jm481,
I found a " broken" Series IIIs arm and I think I need the part that's on top of the pillar and hosts the tonearm tube front- and weight ass. at the back-side.
Do you have any parts of series IIIs left?
Next week I will know what I have and what I need to repair this nice little arm.
Greetings,
MarioGert

PM please mgrouwenhorst Hot m a i l

jaym481
09-06-2012, 21:35
I'm pretty sure I don't have what you describe, but when you get it you can send me a picture (or post one here - always good to have more info available).

Thanks for resurrecting this. My Series III is for sale (I haven't posted it here yet, maybe tonight), and I found some extra weights while going through all of my boxes for the various bits.

Martin, so you still need some?

The Grand Wazoo
09-06-2012, 23:27
Mario,
If you wish to be a member of AoS you should at the minimum carry out the request made of you when you received your joining email.
Please go to the Welcome section at your next visit & post a new thread to introduce yourself to the community.
Thank you.