PDA

View Full Version : Post Scalford and in a new house

AndrewR
10-03-2012, 15:27
Hi all,

After an exciting time in Scalford and a busy week at work, my system is now reinstalled and playing music :)

The house is also new, in that I only moved in during the end of January.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5748/system7.jpg

Here's an LP12, Ekos 2, Klyde, Lingo 2 (still need to work out where to put the Linto), Audio Note kit DAC 2.1 Signature and self-designed and built interstage triode amps.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2597/speakers2.jpg

...into a pair of Audio Note AZ-Three loudspeakers with hemp mid-bass drivers.

Juicy :)

Andrew

flapland
10-03-2012, 16:11
Very nice Andrew, shame I never got hear the DAC last weekend.

Thanks for your help last weekend by the way shifting my kit and keeping us all awake on the way back to yours.

Oh by the way do you know your blog link is broken.

AndrewR
10-03-2012, 18:12
Hi Paul,

It was great to meet you over the Scalford weekend, I hope to see you again sometime soon.

Yeah, my domain expired and the domain registration company seem to be holding it until I pay some exorbitant fee to have it transferred. In the meantime I have just registered hifispotter.com and hope to use that in due course :D.

Andrew

The Black Adder
10-03-2012, 22:40
But does it make nice coffee?

Only kiddin, lovely mate... very nice indeed. What valves are you running out of interest?

MartinT
10-03-2012, 22:53
Very nice, Andrew. Glad the house move went well. I can imagine that your amps drive those ANs rather well.

John
10-03-2012, 23:26
Andrew lovelly pictures
Thank you so much for keeping a wake when driving I was pretty shattered from hardly any sleep so really needed both of you to keep me focused
Really sorry around room issues it all got a bit crazy my end and stil feell bad about it

AndrewR
11-03-2012, 08:32
But does it make nice coffee?

Only kiddin, lovely mate... very nice indeed. What valves are you running out of interest?

Mmmm coffee. I'm about to make some :)

Running an ECC99 as voltage gain and driver into an interstage splitter that drives a pair of 6S4S valves. Rectifier is a GZ34 in each.

Cheers,

Andrew

AndrewR
11-03-2012, 09:28
Andrew lovelly pictures
Thank you so much for keeping a wake when driving I was pretty shattered from hardly any sleep so really needed both of you to keep me focused
Really sorry around room issues it all got a bit crazy my end and stil feell bad about it

No worries John, just glad you got back okay. Scalford was a real landmark experience, many thanks for helping me, Paul and loads of others during the weekend. :)

Cheers,

Andrew

anthonyTD
12-03-2012, 12:13
Hi Andrew,
realy great to have met you,
And well done on the amps, excellent.:)
Anthony,TD...

AndrewR
12-03-2012, 21:21
Hi Anthony,

It was great that you joined in with the fun at the Scalford weekend and we got to chat and sample your amps - gorgeous sounding. I hope to meet you again soon.

Andrew

Alex_UK
12-03-2012, 22:06
Nice one Andrew - congrats on the new house. Unfortunately I never made it as far as your room (hardly any at all) at Scalford, but good to see you Saturday.

AndrewR
13-03-2012, 12:53
Nice one Andrew - congrats on the new house. Unfortunately I never made it as far as your room (hardly any at all) at Scalford, but good to see you Saturday.

Hi Alex,

Great to have met you at the Thai curry place. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else next time. :cool:

Andrew