PDA

View Full Version : howdy

fraser.
25-12-2008, 23:42
think i've now joined up to just about every hi-fi forum on the net :lol: This place seems very friendly though so should be fun..

Merry Christmas!!!

John
26-12-2008, 06:12
Welcome yes its friendly here so enjoy. Tell us a bit about yourself, the equipment you use an what you enjoy listening too

Mike
26-12-2008, 10:10
Hi Fraser, welcome to AoS.

Marco
26-12-2008, 10:31
Hi Fraser,

Welcome to AOS.

There are plenty of 'forum tarts' here already, so I'm sure you'll fit in just fine! :eyebrows: ;)

Anyway, get stuck into discussions and have fun :cool:

Marco.

fraser.
26-12-2008, 18:58
Thanks for the welcome. I guess i got interested in hifi as i listen to a lot of music which sounds like crap, modern rock etc. I guess i'm fighting a battle which can't be won but i just want it to sound strong and powerful. As an example in my CDPs at the moment you'd find 'the white album', 'about time' by pennywise; and 'in utero' in my TT.

My current system is some modified cd player- ps1 and a sony cdp m95 which i got for an experiment with the TDA1541 chips. I modified the transport and it's now my main player- very nice one too :) For vinyl i have a 1210 which i am fiddling with before proper use..

My amps are AVI S2000 series; a pre and 2 monos which are run into some DIY TDL RTL2s..

Nice strong sound i'm getting but it's not without limitations... more to come shortly ;) Pics can be found in the gallery

I'm strongly interested in the DIY side of audio- although i'm not particularly good at it :confused:

Beechwoods
27-12-2008, 08:07
Hi Fraser! A lot of the stuff I listen to - thrashy / death metal, punk and indie stuff from the 80's and 90's often sounds rough in the production, but a good system is essential for getting the most out of these recordings, otherwise they tend towards audio mush even moreso than stuff that's had money spend on it in the studio! I like being able to hear the stuff as well it can sound, warts and all...

Saw your comments on another thread about older / vintage equipment being unjustly overlooked of'times... couldn't agree more :)