PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Unbelievable

Filterlab
25-12-2008, 10:34
I thought I'd just drop in for a minute, expecting to find nobody here, but I see the normal crew are online - such is the dedication of our members. :)

Happy Christmas everyone!

Beechwoods
25-12-2008, 12:14
Dedicated to the cause! Happy Christmas Rob!

Steve Toy
25-12-2008, 16:21
aye. Have a good one. Just had my dinner at my parents'. Power nap then work till 3 am.

Beechwoods
26-12-2008, 09:01
Well funnily enough 'the morning after' is a different matter. Radio silence as hangovers are nursed and lie-ins are taken :lol:

Marco
26-12-2008, 09:54
Hope all you guys had a good one - I certainly did! :)

Steve, it must be hard for you at this time of year and not really being able to get into the Christmas spirit (in more ways than one). When do Tasha and you celebrate Christmas together properly with Christmas dinner, etc? You seem to kind of go your separate ways. But I guess by now you're used to what it's like being a taxi driver at this time of year...

Never mind, I hope you made plenty of dosh! :cool:

Beechy, how did your turkey (and gravy) turn out - did you follow my instructions? :smoking:

Marco.

Beechwoods
26-12-2008, 10:01
Well... sort of :) I kep it simple. Just added water and a bit of flour! We didn't have any red wine to hand! And seasoning-wise the roasting juices were fully flavoured anyway; of course we did the bacon on the bird thing and it was properly stuffed, which helps!

Still some gravy left today to go with the leftovers :)

Cheers!

Mike
26-12-2008, 10:09
Well I'm hangover free today! :) Had a couple of bottles of beer with dinner yesterday and only two glasses of wine last night.

I'll be hangover free tomorrow too.... No alcohol today as I'm on-call again :(

Sunday morning might be a different matter though! :eyebrows: :lolsign:

Hope everyone had a good day.

Cheers...

Marco
26-12-2008, 10:41
We didn't have any red wine to hand!

Wot? No red wine to hand on Christmas day - what sacrilege! ;)

I guess then you're not a wine drinker. We've got bloody gallons of the stuff, although quite a bit of it was drunk yesterday :eyebrows:

Anyway, glad it went well for you :) Our roast goose was to die for - yummy!

Mikey,

Sounds good, mate - shame you have to work though. Del and I are off until the second week in January :cool:

Marco.

Mike
26-12-2008, 10:45
Well I might not have to work. It depends if anything breaks!

Triple time if I do though!!! :dance: AND I get a day off in lieu, even if I don't get called out. :)

Beechwoods
26-12-2008, 10:57
Wot? No red wine to hand on Christmas day - what sacrilege! ;)

I guess then you're not a wine drinker. We've got bloody gallons of the stuff, although quite a bit of it was drunk yesterday :eyebrows:

No... I'm a beer man... a couple of Adnams Broadside, a Bath Ales Rare Hare, a London Pride while watching wallace & Gromit, and a Peroni Gran Reserva dark lager with the meal... we had a bottle of white on the table but I really don't like vino! Bad headaches always follow :)

A good day indeed was had by all. Off now on a 4m walk and a pint at the end of it :cool:

Marco
26-12-2008, 11:34
Well I might not have to work. It depends if anything breaks!

Triple time if I do though!!! AND I get a day off in lieu, even if I don't get called out.

I'm not sure what to say then, Mikey - either I hope you don't get called out, or you do, and coin it in... :scratch: :)

I do sympathise though with people who have to work at this time of year - that would do my head right in as I like to completely switch off and just totally chill out over Christmas and New Year.

Beechy,

You're like Stevie boy - he's a beer man, too. I love good beer (especially quality real ales) but for me that's more for the pub than at home. Firstly, beer is never the same when it's not on draught (providing the landlord knows what he or she is doing) and secondly, I'm a serious 'foodie', and for me wine compliments nice food much better than beer - I guess it's an Italian thing :)

The British culture is rather different to the one I was brought up with. I've been drinking wine with my meals since I was about 5! For me, a nice meal is incomplete without it :cheers:

Marco.

Steve Toy
26-12-2008, 12:14
marco had THREE glasses of wine all to himself yesterday.

Marco
26-12-2008, 12:19
Hehe... Nope, it was considerably more than that (not to mention, the vintage port, desert wine, and Drambuie)! :eyebrows: :ner:

Marco.

Beechwoods
26-12-2008, 15:58
He meant three of these, all to yourself!

http://homepage.mac.com/beechwoods/AOS/A59016G.jpg

Marco
26-12-2008, 16:51
Now that's what I call a glass! :glug: :cheers:

Marco.