PDA

View Full Version : PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50G30B Full HD 50" Plasma TV - great price at Currys

Mark Grant
06-03-2012, 10:25
Panasonic bargain at Currys, PANASONIC VIERA TX-P50G30B Full HD 50" Plasma TV for £549 at the time of posting :)
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panasonic-viera-tx-p50g30b-full-hd-50-plasma-tv-10388043-pdt.html
-
If you don't need 3D that's a great TV for the price.

morris_minor
06-03-2012, 11:43
If you don't need 3D that's a great TV for the price.

I've haven't met anyone yet who needs a 3D telly . . . :lol:

BTW agree that's a really good price for the Viera. (How many TVs are named after footballers?)

Alex_UK
06-03-2012, 12:16
I've haven't met anyone yet who needs a 3D telly . . . :lol:

BTW agree that's a really good price for the Viera. (How many TVs are named after footballers?)

That's funny - and my Panny Plasma's "pet name" is of course Patrick! :lol:

aquapiranha
06-03-2012, 12:51
That is a lovely TV but if I were looking for a nice big TV (I am not) I would be looking at an LED which is slimmer, uses far less power, doesn't suffer from reflections or screenburn and is lighter. Just saying.

chris@panteg
15-03-2012, 10:26
Been reading up on Panny plasma's of late and two issues keeping rearing an ugly head , Green tint/patches and loud buzzing during bright scenes ?

The green tint i could probably cope with , but the loud buzzing might drive me nuts ? And reading some feedback on the net , its done just that to a fair number of buyers .

Any thoughts ,experiences ?

Tim
15-03-2012, 14:00
I have a 42" Panny Plasma that is under 2 years old and the picture is fantastic. However, it developed a ticking noise around 9 months or so ago, which drives me nuts. Very common apparently after checking the forums and I may take it back to John Lewis :( It sounds a bit like a scratch on a record and happens intermittently and it's not case expansion with the heat either.

MartinT
15-03-2012, 14:18
My Panny 42" gives no problems at all and has a fantastic picture. Considering I paid £899 for it, that price for the 50" is superb.

As for 3D, :spew:

Tim
15-03-2012, 17:43
As for 3D, :spew:
+1

northwest
15-03-2012, 18:11
I bought a 50" Samsung last year in the sales and gave exactly £500 for it. If you go on all the forums there is at least one person with a complaint about <insert model number here> and I take these reviews with a pinch of salt. The clicking noise for instance, you are going to have to turn the sound off in my gaff to hear it ( if I had the panny, I don't) because they are all deaf and the sound can be heard throughout the house!
If everyone and his dog was complaining, fair comment but more often than not, it isn't
Back to the Samsung, I think the picture is bloody fantastic and it appears that most of the decent brands are all up there with picture quality. And another thing, no point in telling me "brand X will last a lifetime" because nothing lasts more than two years now in most households then its upgrade time for the next best thing!

chris@panteg
16-03-2012, 00:17
Thanks !

After a chat with a couple of guys at work ,I think i will try a 42' G30 and see how i get on with it , seems a great price at the moment £479 .