PDA

View Full Version : Can someone try something on Ebay for me!

Primalsea
23-12-2008, 20:58
It may just be me but while browsing through ebay listing in the hifi section every 5 or 6 clicks on the next button at the bottom of the lists of auctions would try to take me to the Mcafee website instead of the next list of auctions.

Interested to see if it happens to anyone else

StanleyB
23-12-2008, 21:25
It may just be me but while browsing through ebay listing in the hifi section every 5 or 6 clicks on the next button at the bottom of the lists of auctions would try to take me to the Mcafee website instead of the next list of auctions.

Maybe you have the eBay virus:lolsign:.

Beechwoods
23-12-2008, 21:39

Fine here, tho' I'm on my Mac using Safari, which browser / OS are you using?

Maybe you have the eBay virus:lolsign:.

The only eBay virus I'm aware of is the one that makes you spend far too much on too many things!

If it were my machine I'd be talking to the wife to see if she'd spiked my laptop!

Primalsea
23-12-2008, 21:51
I think it was something to do with the banner adverts. It kept sticking everytime the McAfee came up and the status bar would just indicate waiting for McAfee.com.

False alarm but thanks anyway. If I have any more crackpot whims I know where to come.:)