PDA

View Full Version : FS: Pioneer PD-S904 Stable Platter CD Player

Alex_UK
28-02-2012, 21:30
For sale as I have disbanded my 2nd system due to impending sprog and lack of space...

This is the perfect transport to use with a separate DAC (Coax SPDIF output) or still a pretty good player it its own right - it was top of the stable platter range at the time I believe, and Tom Evans didn't base the Acoustic Precision Eikos player on this for no reason...

I bought this as I had always wanted one "back in the day" - but I've hardly used it. It is in great condition - fully boxed with instructions etc. It could be posted, though I'd rather meet up (are you going to Scalford?) or have it collected - if delivery is required I will need to get a price but I guess postage will be around £20 on top of the purchase price.

I'm looking for £100.

This is a library picture - but guarantee mine is in superb condition.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5474/pds904przodzpilotemzs8.jpg

PM me if you're interested.

The Vinyl Adventure
28-02-2012, 23:08
Having a clear out are we mate?

Alex_UK
29-02-2012, 00:04
Having a clear out are we mate?

Yep - spare bedroom (aka "dumping ground") cleared out over the weekend to become a pink fairy princess bedroom, to free up the nursery ready for impending June... Still have another spare room, but already enough kit (and then some) for there - so a few bits and pieces might as well go instead of festering in the loft!

The Vinyl Adventure
29-02-2012, 00:16
I'd have liked to try one of those HRT jobs ... But I just bought another camera, and despite selling 15iah of the things on eBay over the last week I'm still broke... Seems babies grow and need clothes and food and stuff... Who knew ...
These hobbies an babies eh...

Both pretty in veeeeeery different ways
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/10c5d2cd.jpg

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/1a245f43.jpg

June eh... That's coming round quick!!
Anyway, as you were ... I'll shut up and stop crapping on your thread ;)

Alex_UK
29-02-2012, 00:21
Anyway, as you were ... I'll shut up and stop crapping on your thread ;)

Nah - I just see it as a free bump... mind you, I see a bump everywhere these days!

Connie is certainly growing - apparently they do that for a decade and a half or so... but like you said - who knew? :confused:

:)

RichB
29-02-2012, 00:54
The PD-S701 was my first proper player bought back in 92, i just liked the unusual design as much as anything. Had approx 10 years of solid service before it became too fussy as to which discs it would play and which it wouldnt, replaced it with a bland technics player which didnt have half the sparkle of the Pioneer..

Good luck with the sale, happy memories....

AJB2020
01-03-2012, 09:31
Hi Alex_UK, I am very interested in your pioneer Pd-s904 and have sent you a message.

Spectral Morn
01-03-2012, 09:42
Hi Alex_UK, I am very interested in your pioneer Pd-s904 and have sent you a message.

Alex

When registering for AOS, it clearly stated during that process that your first post must be in the welcome section. So please upon your return pop in there, tell us about your system, taste in music etc.

Your pm to Alex did not go, you need to have 6 posts under your belt before they work. We really want new members to join and take part in the community that is AOS and not just drift through to avail of the buying and selling facility that AOS has.

Regards D S D L

AJB2020
01-03-2012, 12:50
Sorry for being in a bit of a rush. I am genuinely interested in the world of audio enthusiasts ( being one myself ) and look forward to taking part in the forums.

hornucopia
01-03-2012, 20:31
Reading here (on bumps..."who knew?") I'm guessing that Sex education is a bit lacking in schools these days!
Late night music plus BarryWhite music plus lack of clothes CAN be harmful to your wealth!

Alex_UK
02-03-2012, 19:47

Hi Alex - sorry for not getting back to you. Are you still interested?

AJB2020
06-03-2012, 12:10
Hello, I would very much like to purchase your pioneer pds 904. I will try and send you another private message . Many thanks Alex

Alex_UK
06-03-2012, 12:12
Hi Alex - that's cool - you should be there now with 7 posts so look forward to your PM. :) (I'll say a "proper" hello on your Welcome thread.)

greygoose
06-03-2012, 13:05
Great unit, I swear by pioneer equipment, had some from the early 90'S up to today, enjoy.

Alex_UK
08-03-2012, 15:15
Thanks for the interest - CD player now sold and winging its way to Brighton as I type. :)

(Don't know why I'm smiling, I really didn't want to sell this, and I'll never find another in such good condition... :( Bloody kids! ;) )