PDA

View Full Version : hello im new to this :)

mattclaire
25-02-2012, 16:45
hi guys im a new user to this site ive been looking for a while now and found some very useful and interesting information,
i currently own a lenco gl75 deck modified (which im very reluctantly selling) with my ipl transmission line speakers,
i have been through many different amps and at the moment im using a revox b250s which as far as i can see are quite rare so if anyones knows much about them feel free to let me know!! :)
my cd player is marantz 63se signed which i love! i have recently just had my deck and speakers modified which i am very proud of but i could do with seeling them as im getting married this year and in need of some cash!
matt :eek:

The Grand Wazoo
25-02-2012, 16:51
Hi Matt,
Welcome to AoS & thanks for the Welcome thread.
So what will you be doing for a source & speakers once you've sold your bits & pieces?
What sort of music do you like?

Cheers

keiths
25-02-2012, 17:00
Hi Matt,

Welcome to AoS from me :wave:

A very nice system you have there. It's a shame you are selling the Lenco - I have a re-plinthed GL75 too and love it to bits.

mattclaire
25-02-2012, 17:09
ive got some horn speakers with fostex drivers whick will replace the ipl's (cos of the room size and neighbours!!! :lol:) also ive got a project with a lenco b50 which is in the process of being modified, im only selling due to getting married this year and the mrs to be is very demanding!!
i listen to allsorts especially vocal love live music, eva cassidy nora jones etc but dont mind abit of rock and dance aswell :)

the lenco does look 'wow' and will bring a tear to my eye when it goes i love it!
regards
matt

The Grand Wazoo
25-02-2012, 17:12
I'm playing around with a G99 at the moment.

mattclaire
25-02-2012, 17:15
yea my brother in law has got one of them in a hand made plinth awesome deck with a denon 103 mc cartridge :)
matt

Spectral Morn
25-02-2012, 17:47
Welcome to AOS Matt

Regards D S D L

Puffin
25-02-2012, 19:31
im only selling due to getting married this year and the mrs to be is very demanding!!

Got your priorities right then :lol:

The Grand Wazoo
25-02-2012, 19:53
Matt,
As the title of this thread is 'I'm new to this' , you may find some of the links in this thread (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7549) useful for doing various bits & bobs on AoS.

Cheers

DaveK
25-02-2012, 19:59
Got your priorities right then :lol:

Not sure youll get universal agreement on that opinion, this early in the relationship. I always thought that the idea was to hold your position until it really becomes a problem and then negotiate (aka horse trade) a mutually acceptable new position. The negotiation of the most mutually acceptable position is usually best done in the bedroom but other locations can be quite satisfactory too (so they tell me). ;) .
Must close now as SWMBO is expecting a cup of tea and a foot rub :lol: .