PDA

View Full Version : Love my new Sorbothane feet!

ursus262
23-02-2012, 19:24
The other day, I ordered some Sorbothane feet for my speakers as we have a problem with the floor vibrating. We live in an eco house with a strange type of suspended floor - there are no joists or piles holding it up!

Anyhow, I removed the old feet and spikes, and used these instead. The improvement is incredible. The boominess and boxiness has gone.

Also, my Mark Grant G1000HDs have burned in now. They do sound pretty amazing. Very neutral and even-handed and they allow all of the signal through. Decided to put them under the remaining separates for even better results.

2012 is going to bring some upgrades.

Firstly, our old Thorens TD165 needs a re-wire and service and it's going to the guy up north.... Northwest Analogue I think it's called.

Secondly, I'm going to get a Naim Stageline Phono Preamplifier to replace the Cambridge unit we have at present as the Uniti takes it as a plug and play option, including the power supply.

Lastly, I am going to get a Naim NAP250 power amplifier just to beef things up a little.

1000RPM
24-02-2012, 23:03
A NAP250 will beef things up more than a little :eyebrows:

Thing Fish
25-02-2012, 08:40
Secondly, I'm going to get a Naim Stageline Phono Preamplifier to replace the Cambridge unit we have at present as the Uniti takes it as a plug and play option, including the power supply.

That's a shame as I sold one of these on fleabay a couple of months ago.:(

ursus262
25-02-2012, 19:17
That's a shame as I sold one of these on fleabay a couple of months ago.:(

Oh! Bugger! :doh:

realysm42
26-02-2012, 23:59
Is that what the item is actually called? If not, spill the beans old chap!

(I thought that's just the materials name)

ursus262
27-02-2012, 18:00
The feet are on ebay :)