PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to direct PM messages to an external email address as well?

dave2010
21-02-2012, 08:07
I like to keep email - though perhaps this is a bit overdone. It can be useful to refer back to things from last year, or even years gone past.

The current PM system within AoS only stores 100 messages. I note it is possible to download the messages, but the formats don't seem too helpful. It seems a bit clunky to me.

If there could be the possibility of sending each message to an external mail box, then we could easily handle storing/archiving older messages within our own email systems.

Otherwise I'd put in a plea for more storage for PMs, though it seems to me that having the option to send all PMs to an external mail address as it is sent, and possibly also to send all saved PMs similarly to an external email address, might avoid the need to have a larger store for PMs within AoS.

Beechwoods
21-02-2012, 08:09
Dave,

If you switch on email notifications of PM's you will get a copy of every PM sent to your email anyway, as they come in... Obviously this only works from the point you switch the notifications on.

MartinT
21-02-2012, 08:50
Turn your e-mail notifications on, Dave. The e-mail will include the content of the PM, so you'll be able to store it even if you then wipe the PM off the system.

You will, of course, get e-mail notifications of new posts in threads that you're subscribed to.

Beechwoods
21-02-2012, 09:10
You'll only get thread notifications if that's how you've set up your subscription preferences. The two are separate :)

MartinT
21-02-2012, 09:31
Ah - thanks for correcting me. I've had it setup like that for years :)