PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Seattle!

nicholasbrittain
19-02-2012, 02:32
Hey all!

My name is Nicholas Brittain. I'm a student new media student from Western Washington University (Fairhaven College) that took 5 years off and am returning next quarter to finally finish my BA!

I am 32 and have a wonderful wife and beautiful two year old daughter who makes life more wonderful than it's possible to describe.

I'm somewhat trained in contemporary classical composition, but mostly created electracoustic music in school, as well as sound art installation pieces. I also sometimes create "experimental" pop music / electro-pop.

I love using field recording in my work, and love mixing acoustic with electronic sounds. I typically make dynamic pieces (often creating dynamically obvious builds, though that comes out of immaturity, I believe).

I also know a bit of Max/MSP, and although I love it I don't get enough time to work with it because of time restrictions. I'd also love to work with film in the future - creating pieces that are visually striking but have a storyline (like a shortfilm) that has musicians performing the music live while the film is shown.

I don't mean to ramble - I tend to look in too many directions, but am getting better at focusing at one thing at a time as I get older.

I really look forward to talking with you all; getting to know some of you better, as well as learning.

Best Wishes,
Nicholas

PS - Here is a Sound Art Installation that I created while in School. I hope you enjoy it! ~ HERE IT IS ~ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-SRE2--nOA)

jazzpiano
20-02-2012, 01:05
That's awesome! My daughter is an art student - can't wait to show her.

Best,
Barry

Jac Hawk
20-02-2012, 22:20
a warm welcome and hope you enjoy it here

Alex_UK
21-02-2012, 23:15
Hi Nicholas - welcome to AoS. Just watching your installation - excellent!

Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

The Grand Wazoo
21-02-2012, 23:26
Hi there!
A warm welcome to AoS from me.
I wonder what sort of music do you listen to when you're relaxing & not working?

Cheers