PDA

View Full Version : Sansui SR 222 Mk V. £9.00 opening bid on eBay. No reserve.

Neil McCauley
20-12-2008, 12:38
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160305855194&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

Not another one. It's the same one as last time. Non-paying winner on eBay. Ho bloody hum.

Donald Hanson
20-12-2008, 19:26
Well. it figures eh? I have been watching in the US for about a year-and-a-half for that model and there it is, in London, for pickup only.

Probably just as well, because it could be scrap by the time it gets here anyway (yes, some sour grapes).

Looks like a decent table though.

DSJR
20-12-2008, 19:50
I'm not sure it was that good over here (trying to remember a HiFi Choice review I have somewhere).

alb
20-12-2008, 21:14
I think the Sansui was quite well regarded, in it's time. Nothing exceptional though.
Always thought these had classy looks for a cheaper model, and I would be tempted to buy it, if i lived around London.

Donald Hanson
21-12-2008, 20:48
I think the Sansui was quite well regarded, in it's time. Nothing exceptional though.
Always thought these had classy looks for a cheaper model, and I would be tempted to buy it, if i lived around London.

My thoughts exactly. It goes with a butt-load of other Sansui stuff I use and it is a belt drive. I will probably break down and get a Michell Techno with a few upgrades. I don't wanna get burried in a vinyl habit when I only live on land for about 1/2 year or so.

Beechwoods
21-12-2008, 22:42
Well. it figures eh? I have been watching in the US for about a year-and-a-half for that model and there it is, in London, for pickup only.

Probably just as well, because it could be scrap by the time it gets here anyway (yes, some sour grapes).

It's not so often I see the shoe on THAT foot! Being a fan of reel to reel and associated tape paraphernalia I am constantly finding that all the best kit is in the States :) And with today's exchange rate that smily should look more like this one :(

Keep looking; what's for you won't go by you as my mum would often point out (not always completely true, but it was a nice thought!)