PDA

View Full Version : Incognito

Haselsh1
19-12-2008, 16:37
Hiya everybody, I'd like to introduce some of you to Incognito and their latest album, 'Tales from the Beach'. This band produce music that is rather like a blend of Jamiroquai and the Brand New Heavies. I guess these days that would qualify as Acid Jazz but whatever you wish to call it, it is a fabulous blend of funk, jazz, carribean and salsa.

The production on the CD is very good with a nice low bass and some really good crisp treble but the main part here is the playing by the musicians. The bass guitar playing is truly excellent with some really nice strong notes. The percussion, which is always going to be critical with this kind of music is very together and crisp and sharp. This is quite a contrast to Jamiroquai whose albums are always dull and bland in the mix with a very flat, dead acoustic.

If you're into this kind of music, this album really is a must. Mine came courtesy of Amazon.

Filterlab
19-12-2008, 23:11
Well I love both Jamiroquai and the Brand New Heavies, and I kind of remember Incognito from a while back (a song about a camel?) so I'll give this a whirl. You might want to try and find Belief by Innocence, might be right up your boulevard. :)

Filterlab
19-12-2008, 23:12
LOL! Just remembered the song; Midnight At The Oasis - the line that follows it is "sing your camel to bed". :) Funny the elements that stick in the memory.

Beechwoods
20-12-2008, 05:45
I know the Maria Muldaur version. She had a fantastic voice :)