PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Jacques Loussier Reflections of Bach on CD

Mr Nad
12-02-2012, 22:43
My wife has a tape of 'Reflections of Bach' performed by Jacques Loussier. However, we have no way of playing it (at reasonable quality).

Does anyone have a copy on CD for sale, or know where I can buy it at reasonable cost?

Thanks,

Lenny

snuffbox
12-02-2012, 22:45
Have you tried Spotify

montesquieu
13-02-2012, 00:07
My wife has a tape of 'Reflections of Bach' performed by Jacques Loussier. However, we have no way of playing it (at reasonable quality).

Does anyone have a copy on CD for sale, or know where I can buy it at reasonable cost?

Thanks,

Lenny

What are the tracks on it? Although Loussier is still out performing (or at least was a few years ago) the main bit of his Bach repertoire was recorded back in the early 1960s
and has been re-packaged many times ... this sounds like a compilation to me.

I have just about all his early LPs, and his recent CDs (the best of which is his take on Bach's Goldberg Variations) but the best compliation CD is this one (a double CD collection with the best of the early stuff):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toccata-Jacques-Loussier/dp/B00004LCBQ/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

I do recommend the Goldbergs also though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bach-Goldberg-Variations-Johann-Sebastian/dp/B00004TD2H/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1329091575&sr=1-1-spell

I didn't think his attempts to do other composers such as Debussy or Satie were successful and neither in my view were his Brandenburg Concertos.

Mr Nad
13-02-2012, 08:21
Well, the sleeve notes say "Digitally recorded at STUDIO PLUS 30, PARIS" so not a 60's recording. It is also stamped as (c)1987, Start Records Ltd.

The tracks are:
Concerto in F Minor
- Allegro
-Largo
-Presto
Passacaglia in C Minor
Partita in C Major

Patorale in C Minor
Vivace (from concerto in C minor BWV 1062)
Gavotte in B minor
Minuet in G Major

I guess I could try to make a playlist in Spotify. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place!

montesquieu
13-02-2012, 18:15
Amazon have it in a double CD with 'Bach to the Future' another later recording which I do have although I don't have the one you are looking for.

I would definitely recommend the earlier stuff though.