PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NZ

NeilNZ
12-02-2012, 22:10
Hi guys,

I am Neil as my user name cunningly suggests and I am from New Zealand.
I am an evil Hifi retailer, but I don't come onto forums to sell wares, just to learn stuff.

My system consists of:
VPI Classic turntable
Benz Micro Wood Cartridge/ Lyra Lydian Beta Cartridge depending on the mood
Auditorium 23 SUT
Leben RS30EQ Phono Stage
Leben CS600 Amp
Harbeth SHL 5s on Skylan type stands
MHDT Havana Dac/ Apple Airport Express
All hooked up with Kondo interconnects, Nordost Power cables and soon to be A23 speaker cables

I'll get some pics up at some stage...

As for music, I will listen to almost anything, but I love things like Björk, Massive Attack, Portishead, and weird Scandinavian folky stuff like Tenhi, all the way through to Drum and Bass and death metal. basically if it sounds good to me I will listen to it, regardless of genre!

Cheers,
Neil

Reid Malenfant
12-02-2012, 22:22
Hi Neil, welcome to AoS :) I'm beginning to think that those with a decent system do tend to listen to a more broad style of music - as you say, it's what sounds good!

All the best to you & I hope you enjoy your stay here :) Looking forward to seeing pics in the gallery :thumbsup:

Tim
12-02-2012, 22:31
Welcome aboard Neil, I am extremely jealous of your location - I went travelling a few years back and reckoned on 3 weeks for NZ....... I reluctantly left 4 months later! I totally love the place (where are you?).

Hope you enjoy your stay at AoS, we are a pretty friendly bunch here and I look forward to some pictures of those lovely SHL5's and the Leben. I have pretty eclectic tastes as well and since getting my system sorted listen to so much more :)

Have fun and looking forward to seeing what you play in 'Spinning Today' . . . I keep wanting to hear a Leben/MHDT combination with my Harbeth's, shame you are the other side of the globe :doh:

:cool:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/greatgig/slope1.jpg

Alex_UK
12-02-2012, 23:26
Hi Neil and welcome from me too. Have fun. :)

NeilNZ
13-02-2012, 02:49
Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I'll put up a couple of pics, but will try and take some better ones when I can!

@Tim, I am in Auckland which is awesome and not so awesome at the same time, but really I can't complain at all really! We have a little audio shop called Turned On Audio here and get to play with some fun stuff!

jostber
13-02-2012, 07:42
Welcome to the forum from the North! :)