PDA

View Full Version : Woolworths

Filterlab
18-12-2008, 12:58
Investors around the world may now rejoice in the comfortable knowledge that some of the financially smartest people have commented on the demise of the 'out-of-touch' Woolsworths. We know it hasn't been performing for years, continually making losses and underperforming against rival chains and internet shopping. Only a fool wouldn't understand that it's a no-hope business in these tough economical times.

However, have hope, for Norma is here!

From Guardian Business

Norma Woods, 52, a cleaner said "... I don't know why that guy off Dragon's Den didn't want to buy the company - it is such a shame." She then purchased two irons at £3.98 each. "I reckon I have saved a pound," she says.

Ahhh, the financially moronic. She'd have saved £7.96 if she hadn't have bought two bits of crap from a store that sells 95% crap. It's little wonder that Theo Paphitis didn't want to buy Woolworths.

And I would have said that was almightily fucking obvious! :lol:

Beechwoods
18-12-2008, 13:04
The sad fact though is that of the five people who bought vinyl 7"'s this year 4 of them got them from their local Woolies. The impact of this on single sales in 2009 will be catastophic. Just you see :lol:

On a serious note I really feel for the 30,000 Woolies employees who have just been royally dumped on, partiuclarly so close to Christmas. We all know it won't be the Woolies executives responsible for running the business into the ground over progressive years, who'll end up paying the price of their incompetence.