PDA

View Full Version : Croft Micro.....

IHP
11-02-2012, 11:28
Hi All,

Current range, not mine at all and I don't know the seller but I thought somebody here may be interested in a heads up......

http://www.hififorsale.com/vardet.asp

Elephantears
12-02-2012, 11:20
Damn this Croft selling man. I got him to send me a picture but then as soon as I could reply he'd sold it. I'm taking him to the EU court of hi-fi rights.

Just when am I ever going to have a Croft pre again?

DSJR
12-02-2012, 13:12
Easy, save up and buy a new one :)

Elephantears
12-02-2012, 13:51
Easy, save up and buy a new one :)

I made that impossible by selling a Micro 25 to Ian. The thought of buying new when I've already sold one on second hand one is too hard to swallow.

(this is a forum! we are pennypinchers by definition)

IHP
12-02-2012, 16:14
I made that impossible by selling a Micro 25 to Ian. The thought of buying new when I've already sold one on second hand one is too hard to swallow.

(this is a forum! we are pennypinchers by definition)

And of course I still have terrible guilt, especially now it's an 'R' spec ;-)

twotone
12-02-2012, 20:52
Damn this Croft selling man. I got him to send me a picture but then as soon as I could reply he'd sold it. I'm taking him to the EU court of hi-fi rights.

Just when am I ever going to have a Croft pre again?

Which pre was it Andrew?

£250 for a Micro with a phono board is an excellent price it indeed it it wasn't a micro basic pre.

Price for a new Micro with phono board is £700.

DSJR
12-02-2012, 21:55
£250 for a Micro 25? Total madness! he could have got double that easily.....

hifi_dave
12-02-2012, 22:36
The Micro Basic is £400 with integral phono stage.

twotone
12-02-2012, 22:45

Yeah, mate I bought one in January from Audioflair and that was the price which is cheap for a quality bit of kit.

The phonoboard is worth that alone, IMO.

BTW Dave, can the basic be upgraded to the micro 25 and if so, what is the cost?

Thanks.

Tony

hifi_dave
12-02-2012, 22:49
Definitely. I've heard worse at £2K..:exactly:

hifi_dave
12-02-2012, 22:50
Yeah, mate I bought one in January from Audioflair and that was the price which is cheap for a quality bit of kit.

The phonoboard is worth that alone, IMO.

BTW Dave, can the basic be upgraded to the micro 25 and if so, what is the cost?

Thanks.

Tony

No it can't be upgraded but the Micro 25 can be.

Perhaps you can PM or e-mail me ?

northwest
13-02-2012, 07:37
Been looking at pictures of the Croft pre (like you do when you can't actually have one) and there seems to be a total lack of labeling. If one were to come up second hand how would you tell the difference between the Micro, the Basic and the'R'. You would have to ask the seller to take the lid off!

twotone
13-02-2012, 08:38
No it can't be upgraded but the Micro 25 can be.

Perhaps you can PM or e-mail me ?

PMed.

RochaCullen
13-02-2012, 12:10
Hey Dave,

Is that the same one as is on sale here:

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Croft-Acoustics-Micro-25-Basic-Pre-Amplifier/product_3599

IHP
13-02-2012, 12:23
Been looking at pictures of the Croft pre (like you do when you can't actually have one) and there seems to be a total lack of labeling. If one were to come up second hand how would you tell the difference between the Micro, the Basic and the'R'. You would have to ask the seller to take the lid off!

The model no. is written on a label on the back, but this is what I'd ask for and expect to do if I was the seller.

DSJR
13-02-2012, 12:26
Nathan, that's the inferior model.. Dave only sells the best selected ones lovingly constructed and cherished by Glenn himself and using the finest solder containing the best foo snake oil :lol: :eyebrows:

Since you are a regular here, you only need to ask Dave - I say no more ;)

northwest
13-02-2012, 12:29
The model no. is written on a label on the back, but this is what I'd ask for and expect to do if I was the seller.

Thanks for that but right now I am not in a position to buy ANY kit so I would feel a bit of a fraud asking for stuff like that in the full knowlege that I wouldn't be buying it. Just thought there might be a simple giveaway, you know - five fasteners instead of four, that sort of thing.

DSJR
13-02-2012, 12:31
Front panel knobs.....

northwest
13-02-2012, 12:33
Front panel knobs.....

cryptic!

DSJR
13-02-2012, 12:34
No I'm not that clever - but they are different ;)

northwest
13-02-2012, 12:40
No I'm not that clever - but they are different ;)

Okay, thanks. I am simply not that smart enough to descern a difference, three knobs, two switches. -ooooerrrr :lol:

No matter, I am going to get on with some work. Maybe that way I can get to afford one!

IHP
13-02-2012, 12:50
Okay, thanks. I am simply not that smart enough to descern a difference, three knobs, two switches. -ooooerrrr :lol:

No matter, I am going to get on with some work. Maybe that way I can get to afford one!

Dead simple, honest. Just google images of model nos. and plenty of sexy internal shots. If I can do it.......! I had my 25 upgraded to an 'R' spec., not even checked if the rear sticker was changed.

jon1
13-02-2012, 19:02
Dead simple, honest. Just google images of model nos. and plenty of sexy internal shots. If I can do it.......! I had my 25 upgraded to an 'R' spec., not even checked if the rear sticker was changed.

Ian you will be looking for the 'R' then?;):D

jon

northwest
13-02-2012, 21:50
Ian you will be looking for the 'R' then?;):D

jon

Okay, so what you are saying then is that this guy, Ian, is likely to cost me money?
That's it then? I am going to be in the poor house sooner rather than later!

Undarra
13-02-2012, 22:03
Well knowing Ian may well cost you money, i bought a Croft power 7 off him a few months ago but then his subtle powers of persuasion seeped in and i ended up buying the matching Micro 25! Now they're all safely boxed up awaiting a house move (i don't think his powers stretch to making you move house!).

Only joking Ian ;)

Really if you do end up spending money on Croft gear it's certainly money well spent.

IHP
14-02-2012, 07:18
It never stops ! The Croft pre is the first I've owned with a phono stage, so what's arriving this morning, a TT ! I have 4 LPs !

jon1
14-02-2012, 20:06
It never stops ! The Croft pre is the first I've owned with a phono stage, so what's arriving this morning, a TT ! I have 4 LPs !

Well Ian you are certainly pushing the boat out as the saying goes:D..Talk a bout me:whistle:..BTW ian let us know what the verdict is?:eyebrows:

jon