PDA

View Full Version : hiya from Cornwall!

kreacherx
17-12-2008, 00:33
Hiya from Cornwall! I am returning to hifi after a long break to be with my computers, but have discovered iMac, now i've got time for hifi again!! i have just got a fatman 182 to interface with my mac! there is possibilities in digital I feel:lolsign: all my other equipt is stored!
many digi questions coming up,
first one:-
:mental: beresford dac?

Stratmangler
17-12-2008, 01:17
Hi Phatman

Welcome to the mad-house.

Beresford DAC yes.

Can't comment on the Mac stuff.

Chris:)

Beechwoods
17-12-2008, 08:06
Hi there Phatman and welcome to AoS. There are a lot of folks here into computer audio and more than a few excitable Mac users. There's an Apple Fanboy club over in the social groups area here http://theartofsound.net/forum/group.php?groupid=1 where you can find a refuge to dis' windows users without fear of reproach!

What do your friends call you? :)

Filterlab
17-12-2008, 10:24
Hi Phatman and welcome!

Answers:

Beresford - YES!

Mac - YES YES!

Get on to the Apple Social Club and chat to us. :)

Marco
17-12-2008, 16:49
Apple Social Club? Bloody hell, I never knew such a thing existed! I shall inform my local fruiterer ;)

With the 'Volvo owners fan club', or whatever, as well how do you get enough hours in the day? :lol:

Welcome Phatman - what's your proper first name? We like being on first name terms here :)

I'm one of the resident 'dinosaurs' who likes those funny round black vinyl things we used to play when 'hi-fi was hi-fi', as it were. You probably don't remember :eyebrows:

Enjoy!

Marco.

Filterlab
17-12-2008, 17:53
Apple Social Club? Bloody hell, I never knew such a thing existed! I shall inform my local fruiterer ;)

With the 'Volvo owners fan club', or whatever, as well how do you get enough hours in the day? :lol:

Hours in the day? LOL! I simply don't have enough of them. The Apple Social Club is on this site, but you have to be an Apple Head to get in. :) I'm not aware of any Volvo club though, maybe I'll start one up, but only for 300bhp+, anything less is a travesty and an insult to engineering. :lol:

anthonyTD
17-12-2008, 18:25
welcome...:)
anthony,TD...

John
17-12-2008, 20:15
Welcome and enjoy

kreacherx
18-12-2008, 00:10
Wow, seeing all that equipment brings back memories, including nakamichi (I had a caburretor by them) i do remember them black plastic things,do you meanEdison cylinder, 78's 33's or 45's? I started with Accoustic research turntable, sansui amp linear design speakers! was a good sound though, still got a linn bask somewhere!! & Meridian 2o7 preamp & CD transport & as a paperweight i have a Krell KSA100 (cant afford speakers or preamp that will make it sing) have a pair of TDL transmission line speakers (rtl2) krell will fold them in half!! its a hifi graveyard where i sit!!! wrapped up in blue audioquest cable!
now i'm buying a fatman amp???:cool:
David

Marco
18-12-2008, 00:11
Hi Phatman,

What's your first name? :)

Marco.

Ali Tait
18-12-2008, 17:11
Err says David at the end of his post! :lolsign:

Beechwoods
18-12-2008, 17:41
Methinks he edited his post after Marco's comment!

Ali Tait
18-12-2008, 17:56
So he did.It's me that's the numpty then! :)

Mike
18-12-2008, 18:02
Marco will never notice, and it's nice to catch him out! ;)

Oh bugger... I think we've spoilt it. :(

kreacherx
18-12-2008, 23:45
I thought i'd get away with it too! sad sneak that i am, ah well! to other things, i rang re the Beresford DAC rec. by this list! what a freindly guy! he spoke for over 10mins on the quality of his DAC, such enthusiasm, I'm buying one!
DAVID

Filterlab
19-12-2008, 12:37
I thought i'd get away with it too! sad sneak that i am...

We should make it a legal requirement to get one over on Marco at least once for every member. :lol:

Ali Tait
20-12-2008, 17:07
You won't do better than the Beresford for the money.It's excellent.Which version are you buying?

kreacherx
20-12-2008, 23:13
TC7510 MK 6/4 I assume, cant see any other at his site? still gotta see if my TDL speakers match the itube 182?? otherwise i gotta buy speakers & DAC!:steam: