PDA

View Full Version : FS: Denon DL103 Pro & Sumiko etc

Gromit
09-02-2012, 16:17
Much as I was looking forward to dipping my toes back into the 103 pool, it hasn't really worked out for me so this low-mileage 103 Pro is up for sale.

I bought it off James (Jagdesign) who reckoned the Pro has no more than 200 hours on its tip - I've certainly put no more than 10 on top of that. The reason I'm selling is that firstly I don't really have a phonostage to do it justice, and also it's not giving its best in the Technics arm - far better to pass the 103 on to someone whose system can get the best from it.

Included will be an Isokinetik cartridge stabiliser (basically converts the 103 to have threaded mounting holes and adds around 4g of mass) and also a Sumiko HS12 headshell. In other words it's ready to rock'n'roll. :)

For all this I'm asking £220 including delivery. The 103 Pro retails at £380 now, plus any import taxes one might have to pay.

Couple of pictures...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/Gromit011/DSC00198.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e320/Gromit011/DSC00205.jpg

Please pm if interested. :)

Marco
09-02-2012, 16:19
Hi Richard,

What happened with the Lentek? :)

Marco.

Gromit
09-02-2012, 16:31
Hi Richard,

What happened with the Lentek? :)

Marco.

Hi Marco - it's not playing ball, sadly. Popped the cover off to have a look at the battery but decided it best to leave as-is in case I ended up disturbing the fragile battery clip. I'd do it if the Lentek was mine, but not on something that someone's been kind enough to lend me.

Marco
09-02-2012, 16:38
Hi Richard,

Okay dokey... Just go for it, mate - you have my blessing! If the battery clip breaks, I'll get Nick to fix it (which either way, I'll be doing anyway). So honestly, don't worry about it :)

What I do is just slip a small screwdriver underneath the the clip attached to one of the teminals and pop it off.

If it's just the battery needing replaced, it'd be a shame for it to have gone all the way down to you, and miss out on hearing it, especially as you've now put your cartridge up for sale...

I'm convinced you'll like it if you can manage to change the battery and get it working! :cool:

Marco.

Gromit
09-02-2012, 18:52
Sold :)