PDA

View Full Version : Digital Stylus Balance

YNWaN
01-02-2012, 19:49
So, I wanted a digital stylus balance - but I didn't want to pay £70+.

So, I bought one from eBay intended for jewellery. Unfortunately, there turned out to be three problems with it; 1/ you can't rest it on the platter because it is too thick (you are supposed to measure the tracking weight at record surface level), 2/ it reads slightly differently if you rest the stylus on different parts of the pad, and 3/ it is not entirely non-magnetic.

So, having seen the very expensive Clearaudio solution, I made a 3mm acrylic platform that sticks to the measuring pad of the balance. Now there is a nicely defined little platform, and etched cross, to put the stylus on, the reading is consistent and the cartridge is away from any magnetic fields that may effect the reading - the measuring surface of the little platform is also at record surface level :-), I'm really pleased with it, works perfectly!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/markemark_2006/1-4.jpg

I've nearly finished a very posh armboard for my deck too - no pics yet though.

Marco
01-02-2012, 22:08
Nice work, Mark - looks like it's just the job! :)

Marco.

chelsea
01-02-2012, 22:19
Could do with one of them.
I use some cards next to the platter to raise it.
Bit of a pain.

DaveK
01-02-2012, 22:19
I may be wrong - it has been known ;) - but it may not be very accurate IMO. Certainly it should be consistent but the load on the scale is off centre (way off or weigh off :lol: ) and I think the load should be near the centre of the plate rather than a centimetre or so off the edge.
Anybody want to correct me?
Dave.

YNWaN
01-02-2012, 22:24
No problem, I'm happy to correct you :); as it happens, a small object placed on the centre of the weighing plate gives exactly the same reading as when the same item is placed on the outrigger platform (obviously I tested for that!).

YNWaN
01-02-2012, 22:36
Of course, I could have spent £115 on the Clearaudio Weight Watcher (which works in exactly the same way)....

http://www.audioquality.it/img/photo/art/large/5//550.jpg

(mine also has a display backlight and self calibrates at turn on - just like the Clearaudio - but cost very much less)

DaveK
01-02-2012, 22:52
Of course, I could have spent £115 on the Clearaudio Weight Watcher (which works in exactly the same way)....

http://www.audioquality.it/img/photo/art/large/5//550.jpg

It's not clear to me that it does :scratch: but I am not disputing the accuracy of your design, given that you have tested it, so no real problem. As we keep telling each other, the proof of the pudding is in your ears and if it gives you the sound you want what else matters? :)
Dave.

sq225917
01-02-2012, 23:11
Blimey they don't know how much to charge for these do they.

chelsea
01-02-2012, 23:13
Think mine was £6 from china and looks pretty similar.

YNWaN
01-02-2012, 23:25
Yeah, I think mine was about £6.00 - so £109 cheaper than the Clearaudio one.

It's not that clear from the pic, but I've handled one of the Clearaudio ones and honestly, it's exactly the same; except they have stuck on a piece of bent aluminium and I have stuck on a bit of bent acrylic. I thought it might not work either, but it does.

keiths
02-02-2012, 01:12
I've done the same with a £9 set of scales off ebay, but my platform is a rather more basic affair cut from some thin aluminium sheet.

I've a 100g calibration weight that weighs the same when on the centre of the original platform or on my added one as do 2p pieces etc.

Darren
02-02-2012, 11:28
Thanks Mark,
I've ordered the same model off eBay and intend to bend an old Amex card to the right shape.

YNWaN
02-02-2012, 17:42
I've got a spare acrylic platform you can have, if you want, Darren.

Actually, I was thinking of doing another for these scales:

http://www.lapsun.com/lapsun/5-31/ls-ES121-2.jpg

They are a bit smaller and lighter (fit on the platter better) and still measure to 100th of a gram. They are only £8.00 (even after postage). If a few people wanted to buy them I could make platforms for them for a nominal sum.

eBay listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140503562212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

sq225917
02-02-2012, 19:42
I'll take one.

chelsea
02-02-2012, 19:43
Me to please.

YNWaN
02-02-2012, 19:58
Well, I think it is safest if I buy one of the scales and make the platform for it just to make sure it does what we want and the eBay seller isn't a scamer = I'll order it tonight.

I'm not thinking of buying a bunch of scales though - you guys buy the scales and I make the platform bit = let me check it all works for these other scales first though.

Darren
02-02-2012, 20:15
I've got a spare acrylic platform you can have, if you want, Darren.

That's very kind of you Mark. Can I give you something for it?

Darren
02-02-2012, 20:18
I'll take one.

Piss off Bitches! I was offered first! :ner::chainsaw::dynamite:

YNWaN
02-02-2012, 21:11
That's very kind of you Mark. Can I give you something for it?

No need, you can have it - PM me your address.

Clive
02-02-2012, 21:24
I've done the same with a £9 set of scales off ebay, but my platform is a rather more basic affair cut from some thin aluminium sheet.

I've a 100g calibration weight that weighs the same when on the centre of the original platform or on my added one as do 2p pieces etc.
Me too, mine was 2 pieces of plasticard and a load of doublesided tape. I'm sure Mark will have seen it my room at some point. The scales unfortunately died but I have some other ones now called DJ Stylus Force. They are like this but were cheaper when I got them:
http://www.saveonscales.com/product_js_cd_series.html

YNWaN
02-02-2012, 21:28
No, I haven't seen it.

Clive
02-02-2012, 21:31
No, I haven't seen it.

Oh c'mon put a smiley in there...

YNWaN
02-02-2012, 22:28
OK, I've ordered one of the scales - will see if it arrives; assuming it does arrive, I'll get on with the drawings and make the couple that have been asked for (should only take a day or so).

Clive
02-02-2012, 22:30
Oh c'mon put a smiley in there...
OK, don't :ner:

Just a bit of humour, even if most won't know the background...

Clive
02-02-2012, 22:37
Found a pic, it was crude, not nicely made like yours. Still, it's dead now anyway.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e359/cmeakins/0909170003.jpg

chelsea
02-02-2012, 22:48
Mark the scales i have are 16 mm from weighing plate to bottom in height.

YNWaN
03-02-2012, 07:21
Are you wanting me to make a platform specifically for the scales you already have? To be honest, I was more thinking of doing them for the specific one I mention. However, I've got a couple of prototypes I made and will see if one of them may suit your needs.

Canetoad
03-02-2012, 07:24
Could I put my name down for one as well please? :)

sq225917
03-02-2012, 10:02
Piss off Bitches! I was offered first! :ner::chainsaw::dynamite:

Yeh but I live 800m from him so you've got feck all chance, race you.

Darren
03-02-2012, 11:04
Yeh but I live 800m from him so you've got feck all chance, race you.

You spoilt cow Sq. You've already had a stylus guard and other carbon fibre goodies...... It's my turn MINE!!!! :wah:

chelsea
03-02-2012, 11:11
Are you wanting me to make a platform specifically for the scales you already have? To be honest, I was more thinking of doing them for the specific one I mention. However, I've got a couple of prototypes I made and will see if one of them may suit your needs.

No was just wondering if the cheap scales maybe were the same thickness.

Patrick Dixon
03-02-2012, 14:29
Now, now girls. If you are going to argue neither of you can have it - I'll take it instead.

YNWaN
03-02-2012, 14:56
No was just wondering if the cheap scales maybe were the same thickness.

No, they are thinner. As it turns out it's not a problem though as I have one you can have. I made three for myself and you can have the second one - I've made a spacer so it should work with your scales; PM me your address and it's yours.

YNWaN
03-02-2012, 15:01
I'm changing the design slightly for the new scales - will be even easier to use.
------------
Have also finished my new armboard today - am very pleased with it, super accurately made, constrained layer structure, 100% carbon-fibre. Now to see how it performs.

YNWaN
03-02-2012, 20:09
Could I put my name down for one as well please? :)

Should be possible - let's see how well this other one turns out though.

However, offer is now closed

Darren
03-02-2012, 20:21
However, offer is now closed

You've started to suffer the NHS effect Mark: there is endless demand for something free.........

YNWaN
03-02-2012, 20:40
I'm afraid I've rather realised that I don't want to make a bunch of them for nothing - yet, at the same time, I don't really want to go to the bother of charging for a handful.

northwest
03-02-2012, 20:44
Got to be worth a couple of quid or so, look how much we are really saving HERE (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cartridge-Man-Digital-Stylus-Force-Gauge-/290654215431?pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ac575d07)

Darren
03-02-2012, 20:49
I'm afraid I've rather realised that I don't want to make a bunch of them for nothing - yet, at the same time, I don't really want to go to the bother of charging for a handful.

I detest sponging off people. Why dont we all paypal you something?

MCRU
03-02-2012, 21:31
Where did you get the £70+ figure from in the first place?

I have them for £45????

I bought that same scale myself but could not be arsed faffing about so binned it!

YNWaN
03-02-2012, 22:01
Do you see every thread as an advertising opportunity?

Don't worry about it chaps.

Marco
03-02-2012, 22:02

I have them for £45????

I bought that same scale myself but could not be arsed faffing about so binned it!

I don't think that affects what Mark is doing, daftee, so just let him get on with it.

Marco.

MCRU
03-02-2012, 22:02
Not all but most! If it bothers you I can bow out for good no problem?

flatpopely
03-02-2012, 22:15
I'll have one of these please mate.

Andrew.

When I say have I mean buy.

Darren
03-02-2012, 22:29
Not all but most! If it bothers you I can bow out for good no problem?

Don't be daft. No one wants that.

sq225917
03-02-2012, 23:47
You spoilt cow Sq. You've already had a stylus guard and other carbon fibre goodies...... It's my turn MINE!!!! :wah:

Fair enough, I am rather well kept when it comes to trinkets. He does alright though, I never charge for electronics bits. If he got his finger out he has enough parts to build at least a whole new pre-amp lying round. ;-)

YNWaN
04-02-2012, 00:12
I'll post again once I have received the scales I have ordered and made the platform for it that I have planed.

YNWaN
04-02-2012, 16:52
I'll have one of these please mate.

Andrew.

When I say have I mean buy.

Yeah, don't worry, I was going to sort you out with one :-).

YNWaN
14-02-2012, 09:12
Right, I have packaged up three acrylic platforms and these will be posted out today to Chelsea, Darren and Barry-Potter. They are of this type:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/markemark_2006/2-5.jpg

Chelsea, I have included an extra spacer that may be needed with your scales.

They all have double sided tape applied, all you need to do is stick them on (this is an industrial grade of tape so stick them on in the right place).

No payment is required.

I'm still waiting for the newer scales I mentioned to be delivered, but once they have been I will make platforms for the following, Flatpopely, sq225917, Canetoad, Northwest and Spur07.

I'm taking a break from AoS, so if anyone needs to contact me they should do so via PM on the pfm or Wam forums (YNWOAN on pfm and YNWAN on the Wam).

sq225917
16-02-2012, 14:42
Have any of these arrived yet?

chelsea
16-02-2012, 15:21
Mine came this morning.
Fantastic little thing that saves me pissing about with stacked up cards under the scales.

Big thanks to mark.

Darren
16-02-2012, 16:30
Mine arrived this morning and it's really, really nice. Clearly made with skill and attention to detail. I'm very grateful and I'll PM Mark on PFM to thank him.
I'm truly sorry he got pissed off with the forum. Sadly, no good turn goes unpunished. I'd feel better if I could do something in return to be honest.

Darren
16-02-2012, 17:08
Haha! There's no free lunch. My platform was a little long and touched the surface of whatever the scales were sat on making weighing anything impossible. When I attempted to bend it up just a bit, it snapped, then trying to remove what was left of the platform I've knackered the scales and the whole lot now resides in the bin.
I'm sure this is no one's fault but my own and the platform was very nicely made. So thanks to Mark for his sterling efforts. I hate getting stuff for free... It always goes wrong!

sq225917
16-02-2012, 21:35
Perhaps you should have pm'd Mark before attempting to bend a piece of thermoplastic that was glued to your scales with 'Industrial Strength' double sided tape.

Marco
16-02-2012, 22:06
Darren,

Wot u loike? :doh:

You defo win the daftee award this week! :mental: :D

Marco.

Darren
16-02-2012, 23:29
Perhaps you should have pm'd Mark before attempting to bend a piece of thermoplastic that was glued to your scales with 'Industrial Strength' double sided tape.

It was clear that the whole affair had pissed Mark off to some extent ( I dont blame him) so I would never have dreamed of PMing him to winge about my platform being apparently a little long.....

It was a very finely made thing. It was good of him. Shit happens. My own fault and no one elses. I still owe him a pint or three some ol' time.

I'll just buy one.....

Darren
16-02-2012, 23:51
Darren,

Wot u loike? :doh:

You defo win the daftee award this week! :mental: :D

Marco.

Who are you talking to Mongo? :upyours::rolleyes:
At least I didnt wreck a whole Ortofon tone arm by randomly taking screws out of it......:D :mental: :ner:

Does dafty of the week mean I win a prize? :lol: Can I have your stylus scales? Please? pretty please?:cool:

I had to say a naughty word when I broke the ledge thingy and then I had to say several more when I discovered I had broken the scales. Then I realised the whole thing had cost me less than a tenner and I just felt brainless!

I knew that Sq would grass me up to Mark at the speed of light... What a snitching Keeno!:lol::fence::booty::pat:

YNWaN
17-02-2012, 09:01
Oh dear, have just seen this.

Darren, I've sent you a PM that will hopefully make things good.

I should perhaps make it absolutely clear that the platforms I made were custom designed to work with the specific scales pictured. If they are used with any scales that are not literally identical, they probably wont fit. The platforms were CNC laser cut from 3mm acrylic and then bent to shape with a strip-heater and a jig - they cannot be adjusted unless you have a strip-heater.

sq225917
17-02-2012, 20:26
:p

Grass, Moi?

YNWaN
20-02-2012, 17:37
This is my latest build using my new mini scales:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/markemark_2006/New1.jpg

Nearly finished, but I'm going to do a bit more fiddling with it tomorrow.

sq225917
20-02-2012, 17:42
kin-ell, that's proper.

Marco
20-02-2012, 18:03
Quality!! :respect:

Marco.

chelsea
20-02-2012, 18:25
Very nice.
Used mine 3 times today.

Darren
20-02-2012, 23:48
Gosh! That's come on in a rush. It's proper pro looking.

snuffbox
21-02-2012, 07:40
All very nice. I cut a wine bottle cork to the right height and it works just fine.

Marco
21-02-2012, 09:25
Used mine 3 times today.

Yes, and we've seen the mess in the bathroom...! What about the scales, though?

And remember to shake 'it' next time when you've finished ;)

Marco.

chris@panteg
21-02-2012, 12:21
This is my latest build using my new mini scales:

Nearly finished, but I'm going to do a bit more fiddling with it tomorrow.

Looks cool :)

synsei
21-02-2012, 12:44
That's so 'profeshnial' I'm wondering if we might be seeing 'em for sale real soon... :D

flatpopely
21-02-2012, 14:30
That's so 'profeshnial' I'm wondering if we might be seeing 'em for sale real soon... :D

Perhaps!

YNWaN
21-02-2012, 15:52

I have them for £45????

I see the price from MCRU is now £68.95 (including P+P), so I was only £1.05 off!

RobbieGong
22-02-2012, 18:43
Dont know much about these guys but I'm after something better than the Ortofon 'see saw' type plastic thing I have. Is this one worth a punt / likely to be accurate? Looks a bit big but it's digital and the price looks good ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Stylus-Force-Tracking-Scales-/230739102675?pt=Turntable_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b91f4bd3

YNWaN
22-02-2012, 19:13
Well, I wouldn't, and for these reasons (this has nothing to do with the seller though).

1/ It does seem a bit big (and probably a bit heavy).
2/ They are clearly really jewellers scales and these have a few problems for use as a stylus gauge.
3/ The technology used in these scales means that they are not non-magnetic (presumably this is why the seller states they are only suitable for MM cartridges).
4/ My experience is that such scales are sensitive to where exactly the load is placed.
5/ You should measure the tracking weight at the same height level as when the cartridge is tracking a record, and these scales are too thick. which means you will be measuring significantly above record surface height.

It is because of reasons 3,4 and 5 that I made the small acrylic out-rigger platform; it moves the measuring point away from the magnetic field (which is vertical in nature), it spreads the load across the whole surface and gives an exact, repeatable, point to measure on, it lowers the measuring surface to 4mm above the platter which is where most will find their record surface to be (assuming one removes the TT mat to take the measurement).

RobbieGong
22-02-2012, 21:31
Well, I wouldn't, and for these reasons (this has nothing to do with the seller though).

1/ It does seem a bit big (and probably a bit heavy).
2/ They are clearly really jewellers scales and these have a few problems for use as a stylus gauge.
3/ The technology used in these scales means that they are not non-magnetic (presumably this is why the seller states they are only suitable for MM cartridges).
4/ My experience is that such scales are sensitive to where exactly the load is placed.
5/ You should measure the tracking weight at the same height level as when the cartridge is tracking a record, and these scales are too thick. which means you will be measuring significantly above record surface height.

It is because of reasons 3,4 and 5 that I made the small acrylic out-rigger platform; it moves the measuring point away from the magnetic field (which is vertical in nature), it spreads the load across the whole surface and gives an exact, repeatable, point to measure on, it lowers the measuring surface to 4mm above the platter which is where most will find their record surface to be (assuming one removes the TT mat to take the measurement).

Thanks for that (God knows what your name is :lol:) very useful. I havent read all the posts above but would you be able to recommend a decent digital stylus balance that doesnt cost silly money that would be worth me looking at ?

YNWaN
22-02-2012, 22:33
Yanique Nyquist Walter Audrey Nemesis - is it any wonder I only use my initials?

Marco
22-02-2012, 22:37
Robert, it's the Audrey bit that's most significant, if you get me... :eyebrows:

Marco.

YNWaN
22-02-2012, 22:45
...would you be able to recommend a decent digital stylus balance that doesnt cost silly money that would be worth me looking at ?

Well, it very much depends what you consider 'silly money' to be; but for me the answer is unfortunately no, that's why I did my own.

RobbieGong
22-02-2012, 22:48
Robert, it's the Audrey bit that's most significant, if you get me... :eyebrows:

Marco.

Lol :D

RobbieGong
22-02-2012, 22:50
Well, it very much depends what you consider 'silly money' to be; but for me the answer is unfortunately no, that's why I did my own.

Oakey dokes ! Anybody got a recommendation they trust n use ? - Somebody, Anybody ? :)

blake
22-02-2012, 23:42
Oakey dokes ! Anybody got a recommendation they trust n use ? - Somebody, Anybody ? :)

Just buy the cheap Canrong on Dealextreme. If you want to be conservative and set for life buy 2 on the basis that one might crap out, along with a 5g calibration weight. The review is right-the batteries tend to be junk but if you run them until they die and then buy a decent set of batteries somewhere you'll be fine.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/digital-precision-scale-with-leather-case-5g-max-0-01g-resolution-16269

I've had the more expensive version of this scale (mine measures to 3 decimal points as opposed to two) for 4-5 years now and it's worked like a charm.

YNWaN
23-02-2012, 16:39
OK, I have made a few of these to supply to those AoS members who previously showed an interest;

sq225917, Flatpopely, Canetoad, Northwest, Spur07 and Darren (to replace his previous broken one).

My final design is very like the picture above (but the measuring point is 4mm closer to the scales).

Note that the platform is specifically designed to work with the exact scales shown - you must buy these or it will not work!

I bought mine from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140503562212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Andrew (Flatpopely), I think Simon is buying yours.

I have addresses for sq225917, Flatpopely, Darren and Spur07. I do not yet have addresses for Canetoad or Northwest.

Canetoad and Northwest, you must PM your names and postal addresses or I will not be able to post these to you.

I know I have already written this but; YOU MUST HAVE THE EXACT SCALES SHOWN IN THE PICTURE ABOVE AND IN THE eBay LINK I HAVE GIVEN IN THIS POST. If you do not have these exact scales the platform WILL NOT work.

RobbieGong
23-02-2012, 17:22
Just buy the cheap Canrong on Dealextreme. If you want to be conservative and set for life buy 2 on the basis that one might crap out, along with a 5g calibration weight. The review is right-the batteries tend to be junk but if you run them until they die and then buy a decent set of batteries somewhere you'll be fine.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/digital-precision-scale-with-leather-case-5g-max-0-01g-resolution-16269

I've had the more expensive version of this scale (mine measures to 3 decimal points as opposed to two) for 4-5 years now and it's worked like a charm.

Nice one - Very much appreciated:thumbsup:

YNWaN
23-02-2012, 17:44
In fact, the final design looks exactly like this:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/markemark_2006/newest2.jpg

chelsea
23-02-2012, 20:12
Nice work.

Looks excellent.

Marco
23-02-2012, 21:03
Mark,

This is undoubtedly a superb and very saleable product!

You should consider making your stylus gauges an 'AoS special', rather like Shuggie's Jelco collars and Speedy Steve's counterweight balances and ebony armboards.

I could then make this thread into a sticky, to allow you to take a constant stream of orders.

What do you think? In fact, what does everyone think? :)

Marco.

Artifolk
23-02-2012, 21:18
If Shuggie's Jelco collar is anything to go by, I'd defiantly be interested one of these, looks rather good.

Get sticking Marco :eyebrows:

kininigin
23-02-2012, 21:25
After my piss poor attempts at setting up a cart up,with big fat jewellery scales,i say YES,and this is my official order :D

flatpopely
23-02-2012, 21:56
Mark,

This is undoubtedly a superb and very saleable product!

You should consider making your stylus gauges an 'AoS special', rather like Shuggie's Jelco collars and Speedy Steve's counterweight balances and ebony armboards.

I could then make this thread into a sticky, to allow you to take a constant stream of orders.

What do you think? In fact, what does everyone think? :)

Marco.

Marco.

Are you talking about a special AoS price?

If so we can deffo do something for you.

Andrew.

Marco
23-02-2012, 22:39
Hi Andrew,

It's totally up to you guys what you charge. But it could be a good way of you earning a little extra pocket money, whilst providing members with a quality and much needed product. I always like encouraging this sort of thing :)

Marco.

Darren
24-02-2012, 01:01
Hi Mark,
Thanks very much for making me another platform. I'm ordering my scales right now!
I'll try not to bollox this one up.......

Canetoad
24-02-2012, 07:31
PM sent. :)

YNWaN
24-02-2012, 07:41
Canetoad (now received) and Northwest (not yet received), you must PM your names and postal addresses or I will not be able to post these to you.

PM Received

chris@panteg
24-02-2012, 07:53
Hi Mark

I have one of these scales , bought it over a year ago , could you sort one out for me please :)

Marco
24-02-2012, 09:09
PM Received

So, Mark and Andrew, is this going to be sold as an official AudioFlat product or just as a sideline for Mark, in his capacity as an ordinary audio enthusiast?

I need to know this, so I know where to put the thread :)

Marco.

YNWaN
24-02-2012, 10:37
I don't know yet, is the answer I'm afraid.

Marco
24-02-2012, 10:43
Ok, Mark. When you know, let me know :)

Marco.

Clive
24-02-2012, 12:14
If it's branded Audioflat then it's trade whether or not it's free. No brand marking whether charged for or not makes it enthusiast. IMO of course.

YNWaN
24-02-2012, 12:54
Well they are etched now so whatever your opinion, it's done - I'm happy not to send any out for free if that suits your 'ideals' better.

Clive
24-02-2012, 13:41
Well they are etched now so whatever your opinion, it's done - I'm happy not to send any out for free if that suits your 'ideals' better.
It's down to Marco...it's not a big deal at all, it's not like you're representing Musical Fidelity or some other large company. With company branding though it does become more commercial, whether free or otherwise. Not a big deal though, even to someone like myself with such a sensitive nature! :)

Marco
24-02-2012, 13:44
If it's branded Audioflat then it's trade whether or not it's free. No brand marking whether charged for or not makes it enthusiast. IMO of course.

Whilst your statement is factually correct, Clive, I don't think that it's in the spirit of this particular exercise.

Sometimes things in life aren't always 'black & white', and this is one such occasion. Let's look upon it as the generosity of a trade member keen to help out his fellow enthusiasts.

In that respect, Mark was originally not charging for his stylus balances. However, if they are now to be sold as official AudioFlat merchandise, then it will become a trade activity, and so this thread will be moved to the appropriate area.

However, I'm perfectly happy for Mark to continue supplying them to other members, under the original premise, whether it has 'AudioFlat' written on the gauges or not, as long as they are free. Therefore, it's up to him and Andrew now to decide how they wish to proceed from here :)

Marco.

YNWaN
24-02-2012, 15:35
To be honest, I don't see myself supplying any more, beyond these, for free and I won't be making a similar mistake in the future.

Originally, I just wanted a balance that worked, so I made one. I like things to be 'just right' so I ended up making a few - I thought, rather than chuck them in the bin I could give them away.

Then I thought It would be better with some different, smaller, scales and Andrew said he liked them - so I 'poshed them up' and put our logo on them. I thought 'hey, I could make some spares of these for my friends and a couple of AoS contributors (people I've never met and, most probably, never will).

The only thing I have gained from this is a small digital stylus gauge (which I made for myself) and a small negative sum for postage and padded envelopes (I already had some bubble wrap) - are the arm collars and counterweights made for free?

Oh, I've also spent quite a lot of time making them, packing them and going to the post office with them!

Marco
24-02-2012, 15:58
The only thing I have gained from this is a small digital stylus gauge (which I made for myself) and a small negative sum for postage and padded envelopes (I already had some bubble wrap)

I think you're wrong there, Mark.

What you've also gained is a goodly dose of respect and kudos, not to mention considerable appreciation from those you've supplied with one of your excellent stylus balances.

It was a very nice gesture, so regardless of what happens now mate, please don't lose sight of that :)

Marco.

Macca
24-02-2012, 16:12
Well said Marco - It's a shame that genorosity is often interpreted as weakness or naievity ('you could be making a few quid there,mate'). It's so good to see someone doing something as a favour for which nothing is expected in return, it sends a message to the weak-minded and selfish.

Canetoad
24-02-2012, 16:53
To be honest, I don't see myself supplying any more, beyond these, for free and I won't be making a similar mistake in the future.

Originally, I just wanted a balance that worked, so I made one. I like things to be 'just right' so I ended up making a few - I thought, rather than chuck them in the bin I could give them away.

Then I thought It would be better with some different, smaller, scales and Andrew said he liked them - so I 'poshest them up' and put our logo on them. I thought 'hey, I could make some spares of these for my friends and a couple of AoS contributors (people I've never met and, most probably, never will).

The only thing I have gained from this is a small digital stylus gauge (which I made for myself) and a small negative sum for postage and padded envelopes (I already had some bubble wrap) - are the arm collars and counterweights made for free?

Oh, I've also spent quite a lot of time making them, packing them and going to the post office with them!

You've certainly gained my good will Mark! I'm very appreciative of your efforts and would gladly reimburse you for the cost of postage if you wish. :)

YNWaN
24-02-2012, 17:34
It's fine Bernie, postage is only a couple of quid and it's more trouble than it's worth to sort out reimbursement for so little.

However, I do think that this 'bitching' that 'you've put a logo on it so this thread should be moved' is more than a bit pathetic (from those with an ulterior axe to grind - not you Bernie).

I think you're wrong there, Mark.

What you've also gained is a goodly dose of respect and kudos

Perhaps (a little), but that was not my intention. As you know, I am actually a very private person and am happy to stay an unknown nobody with a nonsense user name (I am unlikely to ever be known to the majority of forum members).

It was a very nice gesture, so regardless of what happens now mate, please don't lose sight of that :)

Marco.

Hmm..well, that was my intention...

Audioman
24-02-2012, 18:13
I think you are entitled to charge for this excellent mod. I expect I and a few others would buy them for reasonable money. In that case it would be appropriate to put this in the trade section. I am sure if you bought in the cheap scales and sold the modded version on ebay there would be a large demand. Would it be possible to produce a version for matless TT's ?

YNWaN
24-02-2012, 18:21
That measured at the actual surface of the platter? Yes, that would be possible - the measuring platform would have to hang over the edge of the platter, but I don't see a problem; in fact, it's very easy to do (I would have to alter the CAD files and make a new bending jig).

The Grand Wazoo
24-02-2012, 18:35
Here's an idea, why don't you invite the lucky recipients of your efforts to make a donation to a charity of your own choice?

Clive
24-02-2012, 18:38
However, I do think that this 'bitching' that 'you've put a logo on it so this thread should be moved' is more than a bit pathetic (from those with an ulterior axe to grind - not you Bernie).

Your bitching comment is unsavoury, I commented in a balanced way. You're using trade branding and enhancing the brand by the quality of your work. But I also said that Audioflat is a small company so it's really no big deal.

You seem to think I'm miffed that you have produced a much nicer version of something I made. Seriously I'm not, I got the idea from the internet. It wasn't my idea in the first place.

I'm pleased you're helping others and it's clear they appreciate it too.

sq225917
24-02-2012, 20:49
Mark, how dare you give hand made and branded designs of your creation away for free on the Internet. Don't you know you are meant to post the designs on the Internet first without logos so that people from other 'brands' with a lack of imagination can pinch you ideas from you...

Clive
24-02-2012, 21:04
Mark, how dare you give hand made and branded designs of your creation away for free on the Internet. Don't you know you are meant to post the designs on the Internet first without logos so that people from other 'brands' with a lack of imagination can pinch you ideas from you...
Here's the original I used some years back:
http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopcontent.asp?type=Stylus_Force_Gauge

Of course massively improving designs is a really good thing to do. The brand I work for does not allow me to post anything about it on the internet but it has nothing to do with hi-fi anyway. So I'm not clear on what your point is Simon.

Spur07
24-02-2012, 21:04
If Mark wants to give a few of these away for free to the AOS community then let him get on with it. I offered him money, like I suspect most people did, and he turned it down. I certainly appreciate the kind gesture.

Darren
24-02-2012, 21:11
Oh God,
Please leave it Clive. I know you don't get along with Mark but please, just leave it eh?
Sq, I take your point and I know you are very forthright in defence of your friends but, let's not do this any more. I'm all for a battle in a good cause but this just ain't one......
Mark, I'm not sure if we will ever meet but I have the greatest respect for your experience and skill. Your patience and generosity towards me have warmed my heart and I am sincerely grateful. I never forget a favour so if you are ever on the west coast do please get in touch.

Clive
24-02-2012, 21:26
I am really confused here. I've not attacked what Mark has done. Indeed I've praised his work, it's to his usual extremely high standards; standards that I never meet myself! I started out simply making an observation about the trade aspect but at the same time saying it wasn't a big deal. Anyway that's my last comment on this storm in a teacup or is that a thimble?

Marco
24-02-2012, 22:08
Indeed, guys. Let's leave that aspect of the discussion right there and move on - cheers!

Marco.

YNWaN
25-02-2012, 11:02
Hi Mark

I have one of these scales , bought it over a year ago , could you sort one out for me please :)

Chris, if 'Northwest' doesn't PM me his address in the next couple of days, you can have his.

chris@panteg
25-02-2012, 11:08
Chris, if 'Northwest' doesn't PM me his address in the next couple of days, you can have his.

Ok , thanks Mark :)

YNWaN
25-02-2012, 18:42
Would it be possible to produce a version for matless TT's ?

I'll do one next week - a couple of mods will be required

Will have a go at the CAD now

flatpopely
25-02-2012, 22:59
Enough of the politics etc. where the fu** is mine mate!

YNWaN
25-02-2012, 23:09
I've made it - I thought I would fix it to the scales for you once they arrive,

I've got to sort out the postage for the the ones I have promised - which is a bit tricky as I'm busy tomorrow (got an article to write) and going to the post-office (in general) isn't very convenient.

sq225917
25-02-2012, 23:13
You never showed me which ones to buy, just give me the ebay item number from yours and I'll get them in.

YNWaN
25-02-2012, 23:24
From here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140503562212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

eBay Item number: 140503562212

Artifolk
25-02-2012, 23:34
Mark,

Do you still any left, are you producing anymore?

sq225917
26-02-2012, 13:23
Ok, I ordered a handful of them.

YNWaN
03-03-2012, 14:35
OK, quick update.

All the ones I said I would give away are packaged and labelled (Darren, Canetoad, Spur07, and Northwest) - just been down the post office and, of course, they aren't blooming well open on a sat afternoon! So, sorry guys, I will have to post them next week!

Sq225917 and flatpopely, you will get yours at the show as I will be seeing you both (particularly Andrew, as he is driving me here :)).

YNWaN
03-03-2012, 14:37
Mark,

Do you still any left, are you producing anymore?

I might have a spare one - will look.

I have made a load more, but they are likely to go to eBay.

Artifolk
03-03-2012, 16:07
I might have a spare one - will look.

I have made a load more, but they are likely to go to eBay.

Ebay is no problem, just let me know when they go on sale.

Spur07
03-03-2012, 21:16
OK, quick update.

All the ones I said I would give away are packaged and labelled (Darren, Canetoad, Spur07, and Northwest) - just been down the post office and, of course, they aren't blooming well open on a sat afternoon! So, sorry guys, I will have to post them next week!

Sq225917 and flatpopely, you will get yours at the show as I will be seeing you both (particularly Andrew, as he is driving me here :)).

Thank you squire. Looking forward to receiving one :)

YNWaN
04-03-2012, 01:34
Will try to sort the postage out on Monday.

YNWaN
06-03-2012, 18:19
Good news:

I have (finally) been to the post office!

I've sent them (the 'bent bits of plastic') first class so Darren, Canetoad, Spur07, and Northwest, you should receive them tomorrow (perhaps Thursday).

sq225917 and flatpopely got theirs at the Pie show.

I'll see if I can do some instructions tomorrow.

Artifolk, I guess you better pm me your address....

Darren
07-03-2012, 01:37
Thanks Mark. I'm just waiting for my scales to arrive now.

wiicrackpot
07-03-2012, 02:16
Mark, PM'd you last week but didn't get a reply,possibly deleted by mistake.

Anyway, was saying i came to this thread late and was asking if there is a slim chance you might have one left, if you do i'd like to buy one before i go off and buy the scales posted via the link.

wii.

Canetoad
07-03-2012, 07:58
Thanks Mark. Much appreciated! :)

Still waiting for the scales to arrive anyway... :lol:

YNWaN
07-03-2012, 12:56
Still waiting for the scales to arrive anyway... :lol:

The scales take about 14 days I think.

Mark, PM'd you last week but didn't get a reply,possibly deleted by mistake.

Anyway, was saying i came to this thread late and was asking if there is a slim chance you might have one left, if you do i'd like to buy one before i go off and buy the scales posted via the link.

wii.

Ah yes, so you did - sorry about that.

Thanks to sq225917, I now have a couple of scales and I could sell them complete with fitted platforms - gotta think about price though...

(sq was also good enough to give me the padded envelopes I have used - I already has bubble-wrap so I only forked out for postage)

wiicrackpot
07-03-2012, 19:18
Mark, if it's the later sexier one, put my name on one please.:D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140503562212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648&clk_rvr_id=321629305178&afsrc=1#ht_5200wt_1018

wii.

YNWaN
07-03-2012, 22:42
Yes indeed, I'm only doing the 'later sexier ones' now :). They are much smaller and lighter than the earlier one (in fact, smaller and lighter than any others I have seen) and ideal for suspended or solid turntables and easily fit on the platter.

Darren has PM'ed me to say his 'bent bit of plastic' came today, so I hope they have all been delivered?

I'll post some 'how to fit' pictures tomorrow - just for clarification :).

Spur07
07-03-2012, 22:46
cool. I'll keep an eye out for mine tomorrow. :)

wiicrackpot
07-03-2012, 23:01
Yes indeed, I'm only doing the 'later sexier ones' now :).

Yessiree !!.....that's the 'cheat between the sheets' matey, :lol:

wii.

YNWaN
08-03-2012, 18:09
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h90/markemark_2006/digitalscalesplatformmountinginstructions1.jpg

Marco
08-03-2012, 18:21
Mark,

How to stick a bent pit of plastic to a digital scale

Was that boo-boo born from pent-up frustration? ;)

Marco.

Marco
08-03-2012, 18:28
Knowing what a perfectionist you are, I thought that I should point it out! :)

Marco.

YNWaN
08-03-2012, 18:35
And you were right to do so - corrected now :)

sq225917
08-03-2012, 19:21
I'd like to make a complaint, mine had a distinctly uneven underside. Now I know it's not your fault, pre-se', but I feel you should take some responsibility in this instance as you recommended it.

It actually rocks very slightly when placed on a flat surface, what can I do to the fix this, I'm at my wits end. To be honest the whole free stylus balance experience has been spilt for me because of this oversight.

;-)

Marco
08-03-2012, 19:27
And no doubt the sorry debacle has left you emotionally damaged, too...

If I were you, I'd sue!

Marco.

YNWaN
08-03-2012, 19:29
1/ Place piece of wet and dry abrasive paper on flat surface, 2/ drag base of scales over it a couple of times, 3/ problem solved.

:)

northwest
08-03-2012, 19:42
I'd like to make a complaint, mine had a distinctly uneven underside. Now I know it's not your fault, pre-se', but I feel you should take some responsibility in this instance as you recommended it.

It actually rocks very slightly when placed on a flat surface, what can I do to the fix this, I'm at my wits end. To be honest the whole free stylus balance experience has been spilt for me because of this oversight.
;-)

Well, mine has arrived and I am devastated. My scales haven't arrived! I am starting to get anxiety issues. Will I be able to correctly fit the guage when they arrive? Will my scales actually arrive? Are they going to arrive tomorrow when I am not there?
Please help because I don't know whether or not I am going to be able to sleep at night:(

Marco
08-03-2012, 19:45
Will my scales actually arrive? Are they going to arrive tomorrow when I am not there?

And most importantly, if that happens, how will they cope being all alone until you get back?

Marco.

YNWaN
08-03-2012, 21:11
Please just let someone post soon that they have received both their bent bit of plastic and their scales, and that the two have been successfully united!

Spur07
08-03-2012, 21:58
Please just let someone post soon that they have received both their bent bit of plastic and their scales, and that the two have been successfully united!

Hi Mark

is it supposed to be in 2 pieces? :scratch:

Here's how it arrived this morning :(

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/spur07/_MG_0126.jpg

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt94/spur07/_MG_0125.jpg

P

Marco
08-03-2012, 22:16
Oh dear.....

Marco.

YNWaN
08-03-2012, 22:25
Oh FFS, bloody post office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll make another and post it.

I'm off to bed :(

Darren
08-03-2012, 22:58
To be honest the whole free stylus balance experience has been spilt for me....

Does that go with your split personality disorder?

Barry
08-03-2012, 23:21
I can't believe this thread has reached 16 pages!

There are plenty of cheap digital scales on the the market that are more than sufficient when it comes to accuracy (which should not be confused with resolution).

The fact that the weighing pad on these scales is not at record level is neither here nor there, the error created is very much less than the accuracy of the scales themselves.

For example, let us assume the scales are 8mm thick and the arm is 9" long (229mm). The arm will then be lifted up from the horizontal (which it would be when playing a record) by an angle of 2 degrees. This means the measured tracking wight is 99.94% of the true tracking weight, or an error of 0.06%. Given that the best scales have an accuracy of not much better than 2%, the errors in making measurements not at record level are utterly negligable.

snuffbox
08-03-2012, 23:35
I found that putting the scales on the plinth and a wine bottle cork cut to the correct height of the platter does the trick.
Simple:)

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 07:25
Snuffbox, you made the same comment on page 4 of this thread - I still think it is a bodge solution but if you are happy with it then fine (it wouldn't work for my deck though).

Barry, sorry the thread has reached a length that you feel is inappropriate (though I am as surprised as you) However, if you were to read back through it you would see that the height of the scales is a lesser issue and there is a more 'pressing' need to remotely locate the actual measuring point :).

(special grumpy morning post)

sq225917
09-03-2012, 07:53
The point being that the acrylic platform is there to remedy the magnetic attraction of the cart to the load cell and metal platform. I'm sure I could have bodged up something suitably Heath Robinson had that been what I was interested in- but like most people with decent hifi I require a satisfactory physical and visual solution.

Would you two like some cheese with your whine....

snuffbox
09-03-2012, 08:29
I cut said wine cork nice and square and even used a felt tip pen to put a suitably accurate dot in the middle,no bodge there I'll have you know and as for magnetic attraction from an inch or so , negligable if any at all,does it work?
Yes

Still,this has been an interesting thread,actually says a lot about those that have participated.
Don't forget to iron those underpants now:)

Spur07
09-03-2012, 09:03
Oh FFS, bloody post office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll make another and post it.

I'm off to bed :(

Thanks mate. I'm not usually this unlucky with the Royal Mail.

wiicrackpot
09-03-2012, 09:11
as for magnetic attraction from an inch or so , negligable if any at all,
More powerful than you think Paul, i once tried to fit a brand spanking Ortofon MC5000 to my Morch DP6, having mislaid my wee non-magnetic screw driver, i decided to use one you use for tightening your glasses screws, end result was it literally flew out my hands and onto the side of the cart, and that was within an inch of anywhere near the cantilever, luckily the DP6 armwands have a bit of give so no damage done but a real heartstopper all the same, some Moving Coils do have strong magnets.

wii.

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 09:12
Don't forget to iron those underpants now:)

As always, thanks for the input - you can't have too many helpful household tips :); here's mine:

I find there is no need for an iron, I just use an old frying pan that has been gently warmed on the hob – I’m sure you will agree that this is at least as satisfactory (with the added benefit of being able to cook ones breakfast at the same time - for added ironing authenticity, write Morphy Richards on the handle with a felt tip pen).

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 09:17
Thanks mate. I'm not usually this unlucky with the Royal Mail.

No worries - I did use a padded envelope and wrap it in bubble-wrap - guess I will have to do something more robust (will have a think).

I hope other peoples have arrived undamaged...?

snuffbox
09-03-2012, 10:31
As always, thanks for the input - you can't have too many helpful household tips :); here's mine:

I find there is no need for an iron, I just use an old frying pan that has been gently warmed on the hob – I’m sure you will agree that this is at least as satisfactory (with the added benefit of being able to cook ones breakfast at the same time - for added ironing authenticity, write Morphy Richards on the handle with a felt tip pen).

Just mind the sausage spatter eh!

Marco
09-03-2012, 10:35
Just mind the sausage spatter eh!

Well, I know that Mark often wanders around the house in his dressing gown, but if he's careful and keeps his 'thingy' well away from the frying pan, that shouldn't happen.

Marco.

Darren
09-03-2012, 11:03
This thread has just taken a turn for the hilarious....
Loving sq's acid and Marco's muck!
However, back on topic, I have now fitted my Audio Flat platform and it's bloody fantastic. Works a treat. Thank you Mark - I owe you one.

Marco
09-03-2012, 11:12
Glad you're enjoying it, Darren. It wouldn't be AoS if there weren't a few giggles sometimes, in amongst the serious business of discussing stylus balances :)

Marco.

northwest
09-03-2012, 11:33
The serious business here, for me at least, is thanking Mark for his efforts and generosity. It is very much appreciated. I certainly feel much happier about messing about with my turntable now and to be honest I feel this is in the spirit of the forum but especially in light of the recent outstanding success of the CaC challenge it removes a layer of bullshit with regards to the pricing of some of the "exotica" to be found on some dealers shelves.

wiicrackpot
09-03-2012, 12:25
No worries - I did use a padded envelope and wrap it in bubble-wrap - guess I will have to do something more robust (will have a think).
Mark, may i suggest after wrapping in a wee sheet of bubble wrap. take a piece of cardboard ( a man of your talent should have lots lying about), make a square Christmas cracker shape to the size of the platform, cut off excess and fold ends and tape, then put inside bubble envelope,job jobbed. HTH's

wii.

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 13:38
Oh, could do - good idea, hadn't thought of a tube - I've got an idea though - just about to sort it out :)

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 13:49
However, back on topic, I have now fitted my Audio Flat platform and it's bloody fantastic. Works a treat.

Good, I'm pleased - big sigh of relief.

Thank you Mark - I owe you one.

No, not at all - I'm just glad it working and you are happy matey :).

With regard to Snuffbox's suggestion of a cork, the truth is that there's nothing wrong with it and I'm sure that it works perfectly well. However, it wouldn't work for me personally because my deck doesn't have a top plate and so the cork would have to be very long - also, I don't drink much wine and didn't have a cork; oddly, I did have easy access to acrylic and a laser cutter (more so than a cork) and so I used that. I genuinely only did this because I wanted a digital stylus gauge and didn't want to spend a lot of money - if I sell them, I will maintain this attitude.

I very rarely eat breakfast of any kind, which should help avoid the painful spatter issue (the truth is that I never iron anything either).

Darren
09-03-2012, 15:17
... I don't dink much wine

Are you quite shure? :lol:

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 15:24
OK, it is done. Paul (spur07) I have packaged up another and it is in the post as of 5 minutes ago. Charles (Artifolk), as requested, I have also sent you one.

Both are heavily entrapped within multiple layers of thick cardboard and in a padded envelope. I'm sure it is not beyond the abilities of the Post Office to damage them - but they will really have to make an effort!

Must be the wodka!

Darren
09-03-2012, 15:25
Looks good and works well. Its a dinkie, sexy little thing. The Kylie of the stylus scales world...... :eyebrows:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9362/imagelnz.jpg

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 15:30
Cool :)

You are tracking quite high there aren't you Darren (2.54g)? I only use 1.75g with my Troika.

Just had a look on VE and I see the tracking weight for the Rondo Bronze is 2.0-2.5g - higher than I would have expected.

Darren
09-03-2012, 15:35
Cool :)

You are tracking quite high there aren't you Darren (2.54g)? I only use 1.75g with my Troika.

Alright, alright.... Don't get on my case. I didn't have any decent stylus scales until today did I? ;)

Marco
09-03-2012, 15:38
... I don't dink much wine

Aye, but give him a beer and it's a different matter!

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/176/img4021800.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img4021800.jpg/)

;)

Marco.

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 15:44
Check Tony out looking all casual :)

Pete took that bloody picture - God knows how you ended up with it (I smell a conspiracy - get my ducking stool!)

Marco
09-03-2012, 15:46
Lol - I nicked it from pfm! Yes, Tony's also looking nice and relaxed there :D

Marco.

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 15:55
Right, I'm off to see if Tone fancies doing some moderation/deletion....:)

Darren
09-03-2012, 16:15
Just had a look on VE and I see the tracking weight for the Rondo Bronze is 2.0-2.5g - higher than I would have expected.
Ortofon reckon 2.3g to be optimal.
Mine is now tracking at 2.28.... Near enough. Actually it's a good job it's not less. The Nima has the greatest difficulty balancing the Rondo out and the counterweight is hanging right of the back!

pure sound
09-03-2012, 16:18
This one was on the Wam ;)
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh107/pure_sound/marco.jpg

Marco
09-03-2012, 16:24
Lol! :D

Marco.

Darren
09-03-2012, 17:20
Aye, but give him a beer and it's a different matter!

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/176/img4021800.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/img4021800.jpg/)

;)

Marco.

Help me out here! who's who in that photo? Is it Tony L in the flying jacket?

Marco
09-03-2012, 17:27
Lol - no, you're WAY out! :eyebrows:

Standing, from left: rabski, cambs12, Alfie, then dunno until you get to TonyL (grey hoodie to the right of door).

Seated, from left : YNWAN, BobC, Speedysteve.

:)

Marco.

Darren
09-03-2012, 17:30
Ah Right....Thanks Marco. always interesting to put faces to forum handles.

YNWaN
09-03-2012, 17:38
Thankfully mine can't be seen (how did that happen).

You can be too helpful you know Marco...!

Marco
09-03-2012, 17:40
Lol... No-one will recognise you without your dress, anyway!

Marco.

P.S I can see you loud and clear...

wiicrackpot
09-03-2012, 22:01
Thanks Marco for putting faces to names, now i know what the man who banned me look like, :steam:.....honest T'was innocent and to this day i still don't know what for. :scratch:

wii.

Marco
09-03-2012, 22:06
Who banned you, Andy?

Marco.

wiicrackpot
09-03-2012, 22:11
PM sent, i am not proud of it.

wii.

sq225917
09-03-2012, 22:28
Is that Russ Andrews gazing wistfully into the camera from the back.?

Spur07
10-03-2012, 12:10
Mark

new bit of plastic arrived today - stuck it on - works brilliantly. Thanks again, just takes all the guess work out of the equation.

P

YNWaN
10-03-2012, 12:26
Cool, I sent it first class but the chap in the post ofice thought it would be Monday for delivery.

Spur07
10-03-2012, 13:29
Cool, I sent it first class but the chap in the post ofice thought it would be Monday for delivery.

Yeah, thought that was quick.

YNWaN
10-03-2012, 13:56
I wonder if Artifolk has also received his - I don't suppose he will have his scales yet though?

chris@panteg
10-03-2012, 14:15
Hi Mark

If you ever make any more I'd be interested as i have the scales here in a box doing nothing ! I didn't look at the photo carefully enough lol :doh:

I always was a bit slow :mental:

YNWaN
10-03-2012, 14:26
Have you got those exact scales then Chris?

chris@panteg
10-03-2012, 14:39
Have you got those exact scales then Chris?

They look exactly the same ! Identical , quite small Jewelers scales i believe , does not work as it is because its magnetic and stuck to my DL160 :D

chris@panteg
10-03-2012, 14:41

This is the one i have

sq225917
10-03-2012, 14:52
Looks like em to me.

Artifolk
10-03-2012, 16:07
I wonder if Artifolk has also received his - I don't suppose he will have his scales yet though?

Neither have arrived yet. Though with all the commotion going on here(Renovation) it'll be a while before i can put both to use. :)

YNWaN
11-03-2012, 08:19

This is the one i have

Yep, those are the ones

Canetoad
11-03-2012, 12:30
I just used mine too. Works a treat and is a simple and elegant soluton. It's a lot easier to use than a straight set of scales, where the stylus tends to move around.

Thanks Mark, works great and looks cool to boot! :cool:

Artifolk
12-03-2012, 21:31
Thanks Mark,

Arrived today in perfect condition, just waiting for the scales.

Patrick Dixon
23-03-2012, 15:30
If you have any of these left, I'd quite like one for my scales which arrived today. Happy to buy one via eBay if they are available and you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

YNWaN
25-03-2012, 16:16
Sorry, only just seen this - will sort something out for you.

Patrick Dixon
26-03-2012, 17:57
Thanks very much!

Listener666
27-03-2012, 08:03
I would quite like one of these...is there an ebay link if they are available?

Went over to the Audioflat forum but couldn't find anything........looks pretty cool.....better than a bit of bent credit card....:o

YNWaN
27-03-2012, 13:26
Nothing has been set up yet Jonny - will post when it has. I guess most people would want to buy the scales and platform simultaneously.

wiicrackpot
27-03-2012, 15:51
...and don't forget me Mark. :)

YNWaN
27-03-2012, 16:04
Oops, sorry Andy - had a bit!

Patrick Dixon
07-04-2012, 16:13
Just to say a big thanks to Mark for my platform which turned up safely the other day. I have the special edition black one.