PDA

View Full Version : WTD: Avalon NP2 speakers

wolf larson
31-01-2012, 23:06
please PM me if you have a pair that you're considering selling...

I'd also be really interested to hear your opinions on their sound!

Marco
31-01-2012, 23:21
Hi 'Wolf',

Welcome to AoS :)

Please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself to our members by telling us what system you use and what music you like. You will also need to add your basic geographical location to your profile and tell us your real first name.

This procedure is required of all members, most certainly before they are allowed to use the Private Exhibitions area.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation! :cool:

Marco.

wolf larson
01-02-2012, 10:41
Thanks Marco, I thought I'd added this when I registered a few years ago but obviously not. I've just updated my profile and posted a bit about me in the welcome section.

I'll add more details about my kit and hi-fi journey when I have more time. Look forward to chatting to you all in the forum!

Andrew

Marco
01-02-2012, 10:47
Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for that. If you wish, I'll pop your email address back on your wanted ad, although due to potential issues of spamming, I'd recommend that you didn't publish such information in public, and instead were contactable here, via the PM system :)

Good luck and enjoy the forum!

Marco.

wolf larson
01-02-2012, 11:30
Good idea, I've edited to encourage PMs which will encourage me to use this forum more!

Ammonite Audio
01-02-2012, 11:55
You're not having my NP2s! These are very good speakers indeed - very balanced and neutral presentation, but importantly they are really good when it comes to the music stuff too. I find them reasonably tolerant of room positioning too and are designed to work properly with the grilles on, which is good IMO. Mine are sitting on Stillpoints Component Stands which further improve every aspect of their performance. The icing on this particular cake is their small overall size, which makes them very easy to live with.

I have a pair of Tannoy Lancasters sitting in the wings, but the Avalons will be staying! Avaslon seem to have discontinued this series, possibly because they were simply too good for their price point.

wolf larson
01-02-2012, 12:08
Hi Shuggie, thanks for replying! I saw your outrigger pics in another post. i have the choice of another pair of Dali's but the NP2s have been on my want list for a while so may wait and hope a used pair comes up for sale. I've never actually heard a pair - although I've heard other (more expenisive models) at shows and a friend also has a pair of older Avalons.

i'll be honest in saying that the "brand" is an influential factor, as is the size, simple looks, seemingly quality components and good reviews. I did contact AudioFreaks to ask to have a demo of their sale models, but the answer I got was a flat "no, we don't demo sale items".

looks like I'll have to be patient! out of curiosity what other speakers have you owned?

AlexM
01-02-2012, 22:01
As you are in Epsom, you could come and have a listen to my pair if you like... I won't be persuaded to part with them though!. The next step up is a big hike in price.

Regards,
Alex

wolf larson
01-02-2012, 22:12
Hi Alex, can I take you up on that? I think I've found a used pair today, although they're miles away so may have to get my dad to pick them up (which means I won't be able to listen before I buy).

I'll PM you now...

AlexM
02-02-2012, 09:58
Hi Andrew,

Sent you a PM - you would be welcome to pop over for a cuppa and listen to some tunes.

Cheers,
A.