PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Maryland, USA

cycler2
29-01-2012, 21:08
Hello All,

I found this web site while searching for a DAC/headphone amp, found the Beresford brand, and visited the related section on this website. But once here, I found this site a friendly, helpful place to discuss audio so I'll stick around if you'll have me.

I've been involved in this hobby since the late '60s when I was in the Army, stationed in Okinawa, and exposed to hi-fi gear both on the economy and at the base exchange. I've moved from my first receiver (a Kenwood) and speakers (Dynaco A-25, which are still in service at my daughter's house), and Miracord turntable, to my current system comprising Quad ESL, Linn LP12, a variety of tube and hybrid amps and preamps, and a CD/SACD player. I still love my vinyl, but I find myself using computer-based audio more and more.

I listen mainly to acoustic jazz, blues, and rock, but also listen to classical music from time to time.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Rich
(Cycler2)

Jac Hawk
29-01-2012, 21:19
Hi Rich and welcome to the AoS:)

cycler2
29-01-2012, 21:35
Thanks, Jac Hawk.
Rich

JJack
30-01-2012, 01:30
Welcome. I just left DC after a short stint there. Used to hang out a bit at the wonderful dealer called Listening Ear, I'm sure you know it.

Yes, this is a MUCH friendlier place than the US-based forums.

Welcome

cycler2
30-01-2012, 03:20
Thanks, JJack. Do you mean "Gifted Listener?" Tom Unger is a great guy; I wish we had more dealers like him. I agree with you; posts on some of the US based audio websites quickly devolve into shouting contests. Life is too short for that, especially because we're talking about what us supposed to be a fun hobby.
Rich

JJack
30-01-2012, 04:12
Thanks, JJack. Do you mean "Gifted Listener?" Tom Unger is a great guy; I wish we had more dealers like him. I agree with you; posts on some of the US based audio websites quickly devolve into shouting contests. Life is too short for that, especially because we're talking about what us supposed to be a fun hobby.
Rich

Yes, right, the Gifted Listener (after the Aaron Copland book). I am listening through the Linn K20 cables he made for me as I type these very words.

Alex_UK
01-02-2012, 16:52
Welcome aboard Rich - when you get a moment, could you kindly add "Maryland, USA" or similar to your location? It makes it much easier for us to insult where you live if it shows up on every post! ;)

I too am moving almost completely to File Based Audio - vinyl is for special occasions these days, and CD only when the computer crashes!!

Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

cycler2
01-02-2012, 17:17
Will do, Alex. You will find it hard to insult my home state...we have heard it all and we cherish our tradition of corrupt politicians. :lol:

Rich

Alex_UK
01-02-2012, 17:54
:lol: thanks for sorting Rich.

Barry
08-02-2012, 20:23
Welcome to AoS Rich.

Approve of your choice of speakers (:)) and your tastes in music.

Welcome again

Regards

cycler2
08-02-2012, 21:11
Thanks, Barry. Glad to hear from a fellow Quad lover who shares my musical interests.
Rich