PDA

View Full Version : Turntable trio kp20-22a

RichB
25-01-2012, 10:49
With a week off work coming up I'm thinking this may make for an interesting project and a cheap return to some of my vinyl?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trio-KP20-...item35b88fb23b

The seller wants £15 quid for it and happens to be located just down the road from me so i would pick it up

Worth the £15 do you think? Appears I'd need to get a headshell and cart, any (cost effective) suggestions welcomed. Would link this up to my old A400 for now just to get it going, if it was good enough to put into my main system I'd get a separate phono stage.

Had also posted this in the 'Bargains on ebay' bit but will remove as I thought it might get a better response here, apologies mods...:doh:

Alex_UK
25-01-2012, 17:25
Hi Richard - the link seems to suggest the item has been removed? That said, for a bit of fun it would be ok, though not great I suspect - without seeing the listing not 100% sure if it is a standard SME bayonet fixing for the headshell - assuming it is, fairly easy to get something to get you going. That said, though - you'd be far better of spending a bit more and getting a Techie (SL-1500/1600 etc) Rega Planar or Pro-Ject for around a ton.

RichB
25-01-2012, 22:17
yes, the tt seems to have gone now... nevertheless the fact I was even looking around for local tt bargains seems to suggest that at some stage in the not too distant future Mrs B will have something else to dust!

having checked out the seller I think he's a shifter of car boot sale finds so I wouldnt be expecting of too high quality.

Jac Hawk
25-01-2012, 23:13
Rich if you want i've got a TT you can use an SL1800, pm me if you want it

RichB
24-02-2012, 09:20
Rich if you want i've got a TT you can use an SL1800, pm me if you want it

Apologies, just seen this message. Do you still have tt up for grabs?

Slippershod
27-02-2012, 13:55
off topic- but nice avatar phote, RichB :)