PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Van Den Hul ''Name'' Interconnects.

southall-1998
22-01-2012, 20:35
Need 2 of these interconnects.

Both needs to be 1M & be RCA.

Regards.

southall-1998
10-02-2012, 03:20
BUMP.

Only need one now.

Cheers.

DSJR
10-02-2012, 09:05
If these are for the Croft, you need the Mark Grant HD cables. VDH interconnects are generally rather coloured with very few exceptions I think.

If the VDH wires are for other uses, disregard the above :D

Marco
10-02-2012, 09:20
If these are for the Croft, you need the Mark Grant HD cables. VDH interconnects are generally rather coloured with very few exceptions I think.

Generally, I would agree. But I haven't tried them all. The problem with VDH interconnects is that there are so many - and each have a different sonic signature. Old A.J, for some reason, seems to like that.

The speaker cables are much more consistent and rather more neutral sounding. Why that is, I've no idea...

That's why I use Mark G2000HDs and VDH 'The Wind', as there lies sonic synergy and wonderfully realistic sounding music! :)

Marco.

southall-1998
10-02-2012, 14:43

Don't tell me, & Croft must be coloured sounding too:lol:

If the VDH wires are for other uses, disregard the above :D

The VDH will be used with my CD Player.

Marco
10-02-2012, 15:40
Hi Shane,

Why not go for some Mark Grants instead? Trust me, they'll be better than most VDH interconnects. I've been there, done it and bought the t-shirt! :)

Marco.

jon1
11-02-2012, 07:37
+1..I have all MG ic's for the hi-fi setup GC gear.. + my Ht setup all analogue:eyebrows:;)

jon

jandl100
11-02-2012, 08:25
I've tried VdH The Name ... :zzz:

jon1
11-02-2012, 08:28
I've tried VdH The Name ... :zzz:

Sound's exciting jerry?:D

jon

jandl100
11-02-2012, 08:30
Ummm. Well. No. I wouldn't have said that.

They are just as dull, rolled off and dynamically flat as all the other VdH carbon /carbon-hybrids that I have tried.

You need to be into deep Pipe & Slippers to enjoy these, imo. ;)

jon1
11-02-2012, 09:59
Ummm. Well. No. I wouldn't have said that.

They are just as dull, rolled off and dynamically flat as all the other VdH carbon /carbon-hybrids that I have tried.

You need to be into deep Pipe & Slippers to enjoy these, imo. ;)

Comatose jerry?:eyebrows:

DSJR
11-02-2012, 11:36
You know what worries me here? Shane will have the Crofts, not use them the way we're recommending and then sell them on as not being "good enough" and go on to the next pile of ill-matched boxes. Sorry to be unkind Shane, but some of us have been round the block a few times with the gear you've just bought and all we really want is for you to have the stuff properly set up and running for a few years in your system, rather than weeks. I know it's boring, but the MG wires really do work well with this gear and rather better than the profit-laden stuff you buy in HiFi shops.

I'll get me coat before I'm forcibly evicted ;)

jandl100
11-02-2012, 11:51
Yes, I kind of agree with Dave here.

Although there's nowt wrong imo with enjoying trying different kit.

But I do have to wonder why you are after VdH cables so particularly, Shane .... for my tastes there has to be something seriously wrong in a system for those to be of interest.

Mark Grant cables? I don't know about that - there's lots of decent stuff out there. But given their support here, I'd buy a set with a refund option and see what the old fekkers on AOS are on about! :D

southall-1998
11-02-2012, 15:58
You know what worries me here? Shane will have the Crofts, not use them the way we're recommending and then sell them on as not being "good enough" and go on to the next pile of ill-matched boxes. Sorry to be unkind Shane, but some of us have been round the block a few times with the gear you've just bought and all we really want is for you to have the stuff properly set up and running for a few years in your system, rather than weeks. I know it's boring, but the MG wires really do work well with this gear and rather better than the profit-laden stuff you buy in HiFi shops.

I'll get me coat before I'm forcibly evicted ;)

Great post:)

I'll try the Mark Grant cables soon, just can't afford them now.

DSJR
11-02-2012, 16:33
I know that feeling :(

Jerry, I just like the idea of the HD's being a pretty sensible double-screened coax, nicely made and presented with a variety of decent phono plugs to taste and budget. I'd have been quite happy with the Canare plugs to Neutrik jacks, unly one particular socket on the croft didn't like one particular plug :scratch: and this caused Mark to offer to make a fresh set with Neutrik pro plugs, me paying the difference, which I did gladly. I didn't like this new set to start with, feeling that the wire might just have been the wrong way round, despite the printing on the jacket. After much head-scratching and messing around with the system itself, I finally got things sorted and the MG 1500HD's are back where they belong and sounding fine :)

More than ever, my recent experiences have "proved" once again to me how inportant it is to get the source right and clean as a whistle, 'cos if you don't, opening the window in the amp or speakers can make the sound a dogs dinner if the source ain't right.

southall-1998
11-02-2012, 16:46
Sorry to put this up. What Hi-Fi gave the G1000HD a bad review. I think What Hi-Fi today are a joke!

http://www.whathifi.com/review/mark-grant-g1000

howardc1951
11-02-2012, 19:32
The problem with reviews like that are they don't give enough information. It sounds like they got it through the post, unwrapped it, connected up a cd player to an amp, put on a (named) cd, played a track and wrote a review!! Then people read it and decide "65 quid - you're havin' a larf aren't yer?" No mention of Mark Grant's money back guarantee of course. No mention of how long they burnt them in for (even if they did) or even what system they used.

Marco
11-02-2012, 19:45
More than ever, my recent experiences have "proved" once again to me how inportant it is to get the source right and clean as a whistle, 'cos if you don't, opening the window in the amp or speakers can make the sound a dogs dinner if the source ain't right.

It's an age-old, but timesless and very valid concept, Dave! It's also one I wholeheartedly endorse :)

Shane,

The What Lie-Fi? 'review' (I use the term very loosely) was as shit and utterly worthless as the content of the magazine itself, the pages of which are not even worthy of wiping your bum with!

Marco.