PDA

View Full Version : Amping a centre speaker

allsorts
20-01-2012, 04:55
Gday, My tv sound output is not good. I was wondering, as i have a spare Pioneer centre speaker and bantam gold amp, if it is possible/safe to run audio out from pvr to the BG amp and then connect to a single centre speaker. If it is ok, How would i wire it?;Right and left amp negative connections to the one speaker neg connection and same for R&L positives to the one speaker positive connection?? :scratch::scratch:

Reid Malenfant
20-01-2012, 15:36
Definately not how you mentioned as you'd effectively be shorting both channels together :doh:

Just connect one channel & use one input! It doesn't matter if the second channel has no input & nothing connected to the output :)

However, if you happen to have a speaker that is bi-wirable then you can bi-amp it. Connect the input to both left & right channels & one output to the bass/mid driver & the other channel to the tweeter. Just make sure you remove the shorting bars on the speaker or you'll likely damage the amplifier.

allsorts
20-01-2012, 20:28
Thanks. I searched google for that advice and couldn't find it. Should have come to the experts first.