PDA

View Full Version : Sending Off Music

jazzpiano
19-01-2012, 19:03
Have you ever thought about what song(s) you'd like played at your wake? I don't know if I should pick something that I really like and represents my deep attachment to music, or something that's just OK, but will send folks off with a smile on their face? I think Richard Thompson's "Dimming of the Day" is perfect for me though a little sad and wouldn't raise anyone's spirits but mine :), but not quite as crazy about something like "End of the Line" by the Traveling Willburys, though it would be a "pep up" I guess...

Best,
Barry :cool:

Stratmangler
19-01-2012, 19:23
In my case it's "Highway to Hell" :eyebrows:

RichB
20-01-2012, 12:30
This Monkey's Gone To Heaven - The Pixies

bobbasrah
20-01-2012, 12:44
Monty Python - Always look on the bright side of life

Alex_UK
21-01-2012, 20:55
I worry sometimes, as this is a quite common AoS question! :eek:

I used to be of the "send folks off with a smile" persuasion (my favourite being "Build a Fire" by The KLF) - but that was when I was in my twenties... I guess the serious answer to the question would be Sarah McLachlan - Angel - if there is a dry eye left in the house then I got a massive fail! ;)

DaveK
21-01-2012, 21:24
I've decided that I've got plenty of time to think about that yet, only being 71 & 2/3rds so I'm not in any hurry to make a decision :lol: . When I saw my pension statement when I retired I realised that the only way to get my money's worth out of it was to live for ever, so that's what I'm determined to do - wish me luck ;) .

Pete The Cat
22-01-2012, 10:46
Van Halen "Somebody Get Me A Doctor"

Pete

shabby64
22-01-2012, 14:00
"Burn" - Deep Purple
or
"Going Underground" - The Jam
:eyebrows: