PDA

View Full Version : How It's Made - Turntables

Bwaze
17-01-2012, 21:11
LXNXJD5F0r4

Another audio-related segment on the Discovery Channel's "How It's Made" show. This segment shows some of the steps in building a Wilson Benesch turntable.

:)

Alex_UK
17-01-2012, 22:02
Superb, thanks Blaz. :)

synsei
17-01-2012, 22:19
Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me that motor pulley didn't look true... :eyebrows:

audio39
17-01-2012, 22:26
That's a cool video...I was surprised at the assembly of the arm, that the "azimuth" so-to-speak was done by eye!

Thanks for sharing.

Rick.

sq225917
18-01-2012, 10:01
Yeh, we better hope that wasn't indicative of the quality of their alignment and motor pulley run out or else they are in trouble. I'm sure they have a jig for fitting the armtube to the bearing, it is a unipivot however so slight errors aren't an issue as long as there is sufficient clearance in the bearing housing.

The pulley run out was way off. lol

Spectral Morn
21-01-2012, 18:01
Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me that motor pulley didn't look true... :eyebrows:

I thought that as well.....

Regards D S D L

Spectral Morn
21-01-2012, 18:02
That's a cool video...I was surprised at the assembly of the arm, that the "azimuth" so-to-speak was done by eye!

Thanks for sharing.

Rick.

Indeed Me too. Having built models for years I know only too well what looks ok by eye can be quite a bit out once the thing is fully assembled. I thought they would use some kind of jig.....

Regards D S D L

spendorman
21-01-2012, 19:58

Struck me too, + several poor production techniques.

Funny thing is that I qualified as a Mechanical and Production Engineer, but spent most of my life working with electronics.