PDA

View Full Version : FS: Lenco G88 idler deck, suspended plinth and 12in arm, £600

montesquieu
13-01-2012, 10:26
I've been enjoying this deck hugely, playing with mono in particular, but a member of the Kondo mafia has made me an offer I can't refuse, so I need to do some fund-raising and this is a prime candidate for fund-raising:

Comprising:

Lenco G88 motor unit. Incredibly sophisticated piece of engineering in many ways superior to the Garrard 301 and 401, not least in the lack of any need for a magnetic eddy brake due to its ingenious speed control mechanism, high tolerance (much higher than Garrard) for voltage fluctuation, and improved idler mechanism that operates on the bottom of the platter rather than the top.
On a suspended, open plinth (satin black painted 21mm ply - if you wanted to I'm sure you could manage a better finish than I did).
Original mat and Lenco strobe disk.
Lenco G88 lubrication kit and new thrust bearing pad - with instructions. Ordered from Germany I hadn't got round to fitting this yet. Runs superbly without but I thought a quick service couldn't do any harm.
12in tonearm - this is a lovely bit of kit, handmade by speedysteve combining the first class bearing of the R200 with an SME 312 arm tube, my experience is that it sounds better than the expensive Thomas Schick tonearm I used to have on my Garrard 401 (Steve has replaced it with the legendary Fidelity Research FR64 but many people heard it at his with assorted SPUs).
two-piece counterweight (one large, one small) to enable varying weights of cartridge to be used - the pair together perfectly balance out my very heavy Audio Note Io (steve made them up to do this)
silver-wired arm, and solid silver external arm wire out to phono plugs - again made by steve and a REALLY nice arm cable
Two SME-fit standard headshells with wiring - nothing special but useful to get going with.
Mains cable
The arm board is a standard template used by Russ Collinson (who made the plinth for me) and he can make new ones. As it is a 9in Rega arm can be substituted simply by removing the current arm and rotating the armboard 180 degrees (clever eh?)

I'm looking for £600 for this little lot, which knocks any of your modern belt-drive decks and a good few high mass decks as well into a hedge backwards. Not looking to split at the moment but I will if no interest after a bit.

So .. for the price of a decent Garrard motor unit you can have complete working idler deck with 12in arm, silver cable and plinth. I'll throw in the eight squash balls for free.

Happy to demo with a Miyajima Kotetu mono cartridge or Ortofon Rohmann LOMC (which will be for sale once the deck goes).

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/montesquieu61/lenco2.jpg

Ammonite Audio
13-01-2012, 10:46
Hi Tom

Can you bear me in mind for the Rohmann, if you're indeed moving that on too?

Cheers

montesquieu
13-01-2012, 10:55
Hi Tom

Can you bear me in mind for the Rohmann, if you're indeed moving that on too?

Cheers

Will do - sounds great on the Lenco (I think you heard it with the Io?)

montesquieu
14-01-2012, 11:03
Better than a 301 for £600 incl arm and plinth ... A no brainier if you want a high end tt

John
14-01-2012, 12:06
A lovelly deck I hope someone picks up this should sound awesome

montesquieu
15-01-2012, 16:15
Now sold. Thanks for all the interest.