PDA

View Full Version : Jico SAS stylus

Tea24
11-01-2012, 09:47
I was playing Erroll Garner's 'Dreamstreet' the other evening aith my M97xE and the Jico stylus, when at a given moment it stuck & repeated. Now it has never done this before with my Nagaoka. Seems to me that this stylus profile must be more 'sensitive' (for want of a better word).

Question: I have the VTF at exactly 1.25 grams (brush up). Recommended playing VTF is 1.25 +/- 0.25 grams. Should I increase to 1.5 grams and would this solve the problem?

I have noticed the same effect on one other disc which plays happily through with the Nag (set at 1.7 grams).

jostber
11-01-2012, 10:00
I would try the highest recommended VTF, and increase the anti-skating setting to this value or just below.

Audioman
11-01-2012, 13:33
I was playing Erroll Garner's 'Dreamstreet' the other evening aith my M97xE and the Jico stylus, when at a given moment it stuck & repeated. Now it has never done this before with my Nagaoka. Seems to me that this stylus profile must be more 'sensitive' (for want of a better word).

Question: I have the VTF at exactly 1.25 grams (brush up). Recommended playing VTF is 1.25 +/- 0.25 grams. Should I increase to 1.5 grams and would this solve the problem?

I have noticed the same effect on one other disc which plays happily through with the Nag (set at 1.7 grams).

A small particle of dust or dirt can dislodge a microline stylus. Get an RCM or at least brush surface before each play.

Tea24
11-01-2012, 13:50
I always brush the disc before playing, but how often do you wash your discs (I have an RCM)?

And what criteria make you say 'this disc needs another wash'?