PDA

View Full Version : WTS Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic-B

synsei
10-01-2012, 18:20
After careful consideration I've decided to sell my CA Dacmagic-B. I already own a Beresford Caiman DAC which suits my system better so the Dacmagic is now surplus to requirements. It is in excellent condition and comes complete with a hefty replacement power supply. I'm looking for £155 which also includes insured shipping. I would also consider a swap or part exchange with cash settlement either way for the right power amp :)

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/Sgtgrash/Hifi%20Stuff/Dacmagic-B.jpg

The DacMagic features ATF(Adaptive Time Filtering), an up-sampling process developed in
conjunction with Anagram Technologies of Switzerland to intelligently interpolate incoming audio data
(of between 16-24 bits, 32-96kHz) to 24bit/192kHz through the use of a 32bit Texas Instruments DSP
(Digital Signal Processor). The ATF system applies sophisticated polynomial curve-fitting interpolation
to create the extra data points and incorporates a time domain model which adaptively generates the
new data in the temporal domain, dramatically reducing digital jitter, even that present in the input audio.
As with our high-end CD players, our proprietary Dual Differential Virtual Earth Balanced filter topology
is used, configured as a low-order two pole linear-phase Bessel filter to take advantage of the high
sampling rate achieved. Two very high quality Wolfson WM8740 24bit DAC ICs are used in dual
differential mode. Since each channel has its own DAC to process information, completely separate
and symmetrical analog filter circuitry can be implemented. These allow both left- and right-channel
circuitry to operate identically, ensuring the DacMagic delivers fantastic sound-staging and stereoimaging properties.
Two digital inputs are fitted (both featuring S/P DIF and TOSLINK) and allow a wide range of digital
sources to be connected. In addition, a USB input enables the DacMagic to be connected to a PC
and act as a very high quality DAC/Soundcard, offering genuine HiFi-quality playback from your
desktop, media PC, etc. A digital output is fitted which passes through the selected digital source for
recording purposes (no up-sampling performed).

synsei
13-01-2012, 08:39
bump...

synsei
15-01-2012, 12:49
More bumpiness... :cool:

Lecureur
16-01-2012, 00:16
Hello Dave, Would you consider to send it to Spain, where I live? please, pm me if you would do. Best regards.

The Grand Wazoo
16-01-2012, 00:22
Ramon,
Your PM won't do you any good I'm afraid, as this is only functional after you have made the required number of posts.
Though you joined back in November, this policy is to dissuade people from joining simply to take advantage of the For Sale/Wanted facility that is provided as a privilege to established members.

When you joined, you were asked to post an introduction to yourself in the Welcome section. Would you please do this as requested before you post again - it really is the best way to get a warm welcome on the forum.
Thanks in advance.

synsei
16-01-2012, 00:26
Hello Ramon,

I'll consider sending it to Spain as long as you are willing to pay via a bank transfer plus the cost of postage of course, as it will be more expensive than internal UK post. I will confirm the cost of postage for you tomorrow. If you write another 4 posts we will be able to converse via PM's. ;)

EDIT: You beat me to it Chris... ;)

synsei
16-01-2012, 19:35
Price drop to £145. I really can't go any lower as I'm taking a hit already when the postage costs are taken into consideration :(

synsei
18-01-2012, 17:49
bump

Gromit
19-01-2012, 19:02
You have a pm Dave. :)

synsei
19-01-2012, 19:40
Cheers Richard :cool:

Sold... ;)

Gromit
19-01-2012, 19:57