PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Enfield, London

geordienp
08-01-2012, 20:12
Hi, just joined up, an occasional browser and about to become an advertiser!
I am in the middle of upgrading my ten year old system. It was a decent mid-range system based around Musical Fidelity CD and A3cr amplification driving PMC FB1's (all now for sale). I have upgraded to Bryston amplification - BP26 pre-amp (an ex-demo bargain) and 4BSST2 power amp (a daring but successful cut price import from the Far East! I have bought new PMC PB1i's (nice Xmas present) and have yet to unpack them would you believe after two weeks of Xmas mania etc. I have a Bryston BDP-1 digital player and BDA-1 DAC on order, crossing the Atlantic about now, so I am now copying all my CD collection onto FLAC files in readiness - it will take at least another month or two at the current rate! I have got hold of a Sony tablet PC which has a universal remote control app to put me in full armchair control in musical heaven. Next purchase will have to be a hard drive or network attached storage device and then maybe a video file player of some modest description.

Reid Malenfant
08-01-2012, 20:23
Hi Nigel, that is some rather nice equipment winging it way to you! Welcome to AoS & I hope you enjoy your stay here on the forum :)

I also hope you don't get too badly stung for import duty & VAT :( However, if you have taken this into account then all well & good!

Bests to you & it'd be nice if when you finally get things unpacked (:rfl:) that you could grace the gallery with some tasty pictures :drool:

AAshton
11-01-2012, 21:17
Nigel, a warm welcome from another resident of darkest Enfield

All the best - Andrew