PDA

View Full Version : Awesome test tracks! - Post yours hear *sic* and then comment back on others.

twelvebears
06-01-2012, 23:23
So I'm looking for those 'WOW!' tracks. You know, the ones you use to *SHOW OFF* :)

Off-beat one of mine is 'Moments In Love' by Art of Noise

Try it out.

twelvebears
07-01-2012, 00:11
Oh and surprisingly complex and subtle - Jammin' - Mr Marley

Stratmangler
07-01-2012, 00:43
Oriental Melody, by Joe Satriani, from his album "Strange Beautiful Music", is exactly that, strange and beautiful.
In fact the whole album is great :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61RsgvaOIiL._SS500_.jpg

keiths
07-01-2012, 01:13
I've a 'promo only' 12" Kraftwerk single with 'Radioactivity' on it from the 'Minimum-Maximum' live album (the album wasn't released on vinyl) that makes the CD track sound like it was recorded on a portable cassette recorder :eyebrows:

Pretty all much of Donald Fagen's 'The Nightfly'. The last track "Walk Between the Raindrops" is perfect for setting the level of my REL Strata subwoofer (2.1 speaker system with my Mission 771e's) - if I just hear reinforcement of the bass line on that track then the 'level' control is set correctly (the next check is that Mike Oldfield 'Songs of Distant Earth' just stays on the right side of being overblown in the bass.

Mr Nad
07-01-2012, 09:28
I use Tubular Bells II. Two tracks - The Bell, which shows off how well a system can resolve the different instruments (it gets VERY busy), and Moonshine, which demonstrates how tunefully low bass can go, and how every touch, tap, scrap, pick, pluck, and bow of the banjo/fiddle can be distinguished.

(These are the tracks I've been using to test the Caiman+ with my Nad 302/Tannoy setup with surprising results.)

Mike Oldfield 'Songs of Distant Earth' - great album! I think I'll fetch it out and give it a listen in a while... thanks for the reminder.

Artifolk
07-01-2012, 16:39
Joe Satriani - Flying In a Blue Dream, this Track and Album have been to every Demo I've had in the last 20+ years.

SINl5JY7LhI

Just a pity this You Tube version isn't up there with the Vinyl version.

greenhomeelectronics
07-01-2012, 17:02
Tony Hazzard's latest album - Songs from the Lynher has some great tracks on it. He plays all instruments and does the singing too. I think you can only buy it via his web site but it is worth seeking out as it is beautifully crafted and recorded.
Dave

Jac Hawk
07-01-2012, 22:22
I like the track "Use Me" on Grace Jones album "Nightclubbin" it really gets the bass bins going.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WVOFV%2BVoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg