PDA

View Full Version : New baby

Ashmore
05-01-2012, 00:06
Heidi arrived just before Christmas. A perfect present.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2636/663583613123a6d7e432.jpg

Ant
05-01-2012, 00:14
Congratulations Simon.

Best wishes to yourself, Heidi and 'Mum'.

Ant

The Vinyl Adventure
05-01-2012, 00:16
Aaah very cute!
Congrats an all that ... Just showed my missis ... Baring in mind ours is five months and currently haveing a late night whine, she said "I want another one"... Bloody maenad!

keiths
05-01-2012, 01:08
Ahhh, she's lovely. Congratulations Simon and 'Mrs. Simon'.

jazzpiano
05-01-2012, 06:19
Just beautiful! I'm getting a laugh though - I just looked at your 2 posts: tombstones, Alcatraz and then-n-n-n...a beautiful baby! What a juxtaposition!

Best to all,
Barry

WOStantonCS100
05-01-2012, 06:43
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

She's sleeping... ...congrats. :)

Alex_UK
05-01-2012, 07:38
Congrats Simon. :)

Marco
05-01-2012, 09:04
Congratulations, Simon!

Heidi is adorable. What a lovely way to start the new year. I wish her a very long, healthy and happy life :)

Marco.

Bazil
05-01-2012, 12:14
Congratulations Simon, happy days.

jostber
05-01-2012, 16:19
Looks very nice, congrats! Do you like the sound? :)

Mr Nad
05-01-2012, 18:50
Congratulations.

I have a daughter myself - you have so much joy to come. Make sure you take loads of photos and video. Time really does pass quickly.

Beechwoods
05-01-2012, 19:51
Congratulations Simon, she's beautiful! I sympathise with your feeling knackered, my 'little girl' is 4½ and still running us ragged! Enjoy this time though, they grow so fast!

Ashmore
06-01-2012, 00:53
Thanks all. Happy days (apart from the vomit, crap, crying, lack of sleep, cost, loss of freedom, sexual starvation, and anxiety about inquisitive little fingers destroying expensive spendor speakers).

Barry
06-01-2012, 00:55
Congratulations to both you and Mrs Simon.

A wonderful Christmas present indeed.

Regards

John
06-01-2012, 07:27
Congratulations to both you wife and yourself

Covenant
06-01-2012, 09:38
I hate to damped the joy but just you wait until she is 17 like my daughter and you have become nothing but a taxi and a bank. No joking, I have given up drinking so that I can go and pick her up at any hour of the morning.
But that's a long time away, enjoy the early years!

Marco
06-01-2012, 09:45
Maybe you're giving into her demands too easily, Jerry? And it sounds like she's taking full advantage!

Succumbing to the every whim of a teenager is a sure way of making a rod for your own back, not to mention doing her no favours in terms of her maturity as an adult (i.e not growing up to become a 'spoiled brat')....

Not that I'm saying you're doing it, as I don't know the situation, but mollycoddling kids isn't the answer.

No offence intended, mate, just a personal observation from the comments you made :)

Marco.

Covenant
06-01-2012, 10:08
Marco, with respect, if you do not have children you do not understand the complexity of the 'coming of age' process. She is almost 18 and is entitled to go out with her friends. Mostly it is at weekends and most times she gets a taxi back. It is my choice to be available if she gets stranded. Honestly, most parents I speak to go through this stage and its not easy. You have to let go of the purse strings a little so that they can develop social skills.

jazzpiano
06-01-2012, 19:53
Jerry you sound like a loving dad to me (not that Marco implied anything other, he pretty much just said IF these things are happening.) But I smiled and this is the image I got: "OK, (sigh), here we go again, I'm tired but I gotta go out and get her, make sure she's safe,etc.". I've been exactly where you're at. I had to gradually assert: "You have to give me more notice...", "You have to consider what my plans might be for (day)" , "If I'm going to be picking you up, then I'll need you to do some laundry during the day" - just a general teaching of grown-up type consideration and responsiblity. Not that you're not doing this already, you probably are, and strangely it actually helps you develop better communication and a more comfortable relationship (w/ head-butting of course). Anyways good luck, you sound like a good dad.

~Barry

Covenant
06-01-2012, 20:38
That's pretty much me Barry. There is a lot of negotiating going on in our house (I have a 20 year old son as well). It's not perfect but I don't think I would change anything.

Jonboy
07-01-2012, 01:35
Maybe you're giving into her demands too easily, Jerry? And it sounds like she's taking full advantage!

Succumbing to the every whim of a teenager is a sure way of making a rod for your own back, not to mention doing her no favours in terms of her maturity as an adult (i.e not growing up to become a 'spoiled brat')....

Not that I'm saying you're doing it, as I don't know the situation, but mollycoddling kids isn't the answer.

No offence intended, mate, just a personal observation from the comments you made :)

Marco.

Yes and no Marco it's very hard to let go, we have been out with all our 4 kids tonight to my eldest friends 21st party, me the Mrs and 3 kids all walked home the eldest number 4 ( girl ) has gone clubbing with most of the party goers, still worrying how she will get home.

It's easy to say let them get on with it but in reality it's hard to let them go,

Sorry if I'm a bit incoherent my eldest boy and his mates have been buying me shots all night :cool:

Congrats Simon to your new born

NB my eldest is home it's 2am and i rang a taxi to pick her up, cost me 15 quid but she's home safe and sound

Ashmore
07-01-2012, 10:35
... all this talk... is it too late to get a refund? ;)

jazzpiano
07-01-2012, 19:56
Yes Simon, I'm afraid it is, you're all-in now.

Best,
Barry

Reid Malenfant
07-01-2012, 19:59
Congratulations Simon :) Aint they great....

When they are asleep :rfl:

Seriously though, all the best to you both :)

Jac Hawk
07-01-2012, 22:54
Congrats Simon, the best gift you could hope for, a healthy baby.