dylan - modern times
mgmt - oracular spectacular
elvis - at sun
james brown - live at the apollo
young knives - animals and men
orbital - best 2lp
VA breaks and grooves - 2lp

£50 delivered.

type in vinyl meltdown or any of the above titles -i imagine speed may be of the essence

Filterlab
03-12-2008, 21:49
I tell you what, The Best of Orbital LP is worth buying a turntable set-up alone for. Awesome stuff. :)

Pool Hall Richard
04-12-2008, 14:51
Ooh I say, well spotted. Guess what site i'll be visiting for the rest of the afternoon. Dirt cheap AND free postage :)

I did recently order an LP from HMV online. I'm not sure what other online vinyl suppliers package their LP's up like but HMV's boxes did seem a little flimsy...............altho for these prices I guess I cant complain too much.

muffinman
04-12-2008, 17:25
I'm not sure what other online vinyl suppliers package their LP's up like but HMV's boxes did seem a little flimsy

Rest assured. i've used hmv for ages and only once had a duff disc. i rang them up and they sent a fresh one straight out. no worries, didn't have to return the crap one either. good site

Beechwoods
04-12-2008, 20:06
They have a lot of great Gil Scott-Heron albums but they're all £8.99 I have them all on CD, and on mini-LP CD digi-pack reissue, I really can't justify buying them again, especially since it's Christmas and I should be buying for other people. Someone else will need to buy some and let me know that they've really got into Gil Scott-Heron as a result. Start with the 'Revolution Will Not Be Televised' early stuff comp or 'Winter In America', worth it for The Bottle (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mzInkiC3lkw) alone :)

Pool Hall Richard
08-12-2008, 15:40
Most of the good stuff has gone already. Thankfully I got my order in quick for Dylan's Modern Times. It's now back upto £17.99 rather than the sale price of £4.99.

Marco
08-12-2008, 16:24
Good stuff, chaps. I hope you get plenty of bargains :)

The HMV in Wrexham used to have a small section of new vinyl, which was useful if I wanted something fairly mainstream. Unfortunately though it's been removed and replaced with a load of rubbish plastic bloody MP3 players!! :unfair:

Boo, I say, to so-called 'progress'!

Marco.

muffinman
08-12-2008, 16:32
Rest assured. i've used hmv for ages and only once had a duff disc. i rang them up and they sent a fresh one straight out. no worries, didn't have to return the crap one either. good site

well i talked that up a treat. james brown-live at the apollo arrived, oops no it didn't - in its place was 'black caesar ost'.
gave them a bell and i'm sending it back freepost. surely they must have made 0.0000p from this transaction by now
still, fast delivery and good customer service

Pool Hall Richard
10-12-2008, 11:01
Received a couple of my purchases in the mail. Nicely packaged, no probs. A little disappointed with The Orbital 'Works' double LP. It's a DJ copy, no outer sleeve, just a white label centre so no idea which of the two LP's i'm playing or which of the 4 sides i'm chosing. I know, you cant complain for £4.99 but still, they should've listed that on the website. If i'd have paid £17 i'd have been a bit pissed. But i'll survive :eyebrows:

My copy of 'Trans Europe Express' is lovely tho. Not half bad for a fiver :gig:

muffinman
10-12-2008, 16:51
My copy of orbital turned up today in the same White label guise. I don't worry that I don't know which side is playing-dance music all sounds the same to me.
I'm listening to it now and the Sound quality is excellent.
Indeed, I believe I might actually be 'avin it' as I type

Pool Hall Richard
10-12-2008, 17:14
My copy of orbital turned up today in the same White label guise. I don't worry that I don't know which side is playing-dance music all sounds the same to me.
I'm listening to it now and the Sound quality is excellent.
Indeed, I believe I might actually be 'avin it' as I type

Nice - well i'll join you and give it a spin at the weekend :gig:

Hopefully Bob's 'Modern Times' and Terry Callier's 'What Color Is Love' turned up in the post today. And hope someone was home to answer the door, I cant bare another early evening visit to the Sorting Office. The queue's are murder this time of year. :)

Will have to keep our eyes open for some other online vinyl bargains in the new year. Anyone tried any of these Universal Back To Black reissues???

Filterlab
10-12-2008, 18:38
I think you mean; "avvin it laaaarrrrge".

;)

Filterlab
10-12-2008, 18:38
Mixing up the phat and phresh phlavours.

Pool Hall Richard
10-12-2008, 20:55
Bob Dylan 'Modern Times' just turned up. Didnt know it was double 180g vinyl. All for a fiver. Thank you HMV :dance: