PDA

View Full Version : 301 wiring?

avalonsounds
04-01-2012, 07:46
Hi Guys.We have just taken an original grease bearing 301 in part ex.It looks like a potential resto project that never got started.I wanted to spin it up to make sure it works before listing it on line.However,Ive noticed the mains lead is just a double black wire,How do i wire this or an I missing something?:(

Reid Malenfant
04-01-2012, 13:50
It shouldn't make any difference which wire gets live or neutral, the motor will still be receiving AC. Just make sure you Earth the chassis & use a suitable mains fuse (if in the plug fit a 3A fuse) :)

avalonsounds
04-01-2012, 17:18
thanks Mark.There is an earthing wire hanging from the motor.where is safest to earth it too?

Reid Malenfant
04-01-2012, 17:23
Assuming the chassis is metal I'd look for some kind of bolt that is in direct contact with the chassis, you might find one that's been built in & part of the chassis itself - that would be best. If you don't find something such as that but do find another bolt, make sure that any paint is scraped away on one side so it has a good contact & earth it there.

Then obviously connect live & neutral to the motor & earth to the chassis earth at the same point :)

Well it's what I'd do at any rate.