PDA

View Full Version : If I can get a Caiman+...

Mr Nad
29-12-2011, 12:16
All the sources I have connected to my Nad 302 provide a digital output, so if I can get hold of a Caiman+ I'll be using that as the pre-amp, leaving my Nad 302 to do the work of the power amp.

The great thing about the Nad is that it has pre-outs and power in connections, so after 15 years I may as well put them to use.

Good idea or not? :scratch:

Ali Tait
29-12-2011, 12:20
Certainly worth a try IMHO.

Stratmangler
29-12-2011, 12:54
Worth a try, but IMO you'll get a slightly different presentation, not a better sound.
I've tried using the Caiman as a pre to the power stage of my NAD C320BEE, and prefer the sound with the NAD pre section in circuit.

Mr Nad
29-12-2011, 13:06
Well, IF I can get hold of the C+ I'll try both ways. My ears (and Mrs) will tell me which is better.

I might prefer 'different'.

Better get hunting for this elusive version of Stan's DAC...

Werner Berghofer
29-12-2011, 13:31
Lenny,

Better get hunting for this elusive version of Stan's DAC...

I have one for sale. It’s labelled “Caiman+” in the right upper corner of the front plate, comes with 2 × optical and 2 × coaxial inputs, original Caiman PSU (European version) and original packaging. I think the DAC is seven or eight months old and looks like new. Send me a private message via the forum or email me (wb@berghofer.com) in case you’re interested.

Werner.

Mr Nad
29-12-2011, 17:46
Werner, I have sent you a PM.