PDA

View Full Version : Found something new on Spotify

Jac Hawk
28-12-2011, 23:39
Apologies if this has already been covered, I've been getting more and more into Spotify since I got my new Android phone, I suppose more for the convenience of being able to get just about anything I want to listen to on a phone that has lets say limited storage.

Anyway I was looking for a particular track "Dry County" by Bon Jovi but couldn't find it by just entering the band name, so i searched for the song title and by accident clicked on the wrong track, instead of Bon Jovi, I ended up getting "Dry County" by The Katharine Chase Band, an artist I can honestly say I've never heard of, anyway I really liked the whole west coast rock sound, a bit Eagles / Sheryl Crow, which i like, so it got me thinking what bands other folks have stumbled upon by accident that they really like?

The Vinyl Adventure
28-12-2011, 23:54
Spotify is great for finding new stuff ... My Hannah goes on kittle missions to uncover gems ... Junip is a relatively recent band ... Great cover of ghost of Tom Joad!

Tim
29-12-2011, 00:03
. . . what bands other folks have stumbled upon by accident that they really like?
Goodness me Mike, far too many to even try and remember, cost me a darned arm and a leg too buying CD's :doh:

You may regret doing this if you really get the bug - I spend hours wandering through and trying artists out I have never heard of, it's fun though . . . so happy hunting ;)

Jac Hawk
29-12-2011, 00:30
Didn't really mean actively looking for new stuff to listen too, more the stuff you find by accident

Tim
29-12-2011, 01:00
Didn't really mean actively looking for new stuff to listen too, more the stuff you find by accident
:scratch: hmmm, in that case then it's nothing if you mean a total accident, as I pretty much always click on something deliberately...... sorry :(

John
29-12-2011, 06:26
i use spotify much like Tim so discovered lots new music but not by accident

Beechwoods
29-12-2011, 07:19
I recently came across an app called Discovr which makes it easy to hop between related bands, listen and queue up clips of their top tracks; it links into Spotify as well. I think it's available for iOS only though. I'm sure similar exists for Android.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/discovr-music-discover-new/id412768094?mt=8

DanJennings
29-12-2011, 09:12
Spotify is great for finding new stuff ... My Hannah goes on kittle missions to uncover gems ... Junip is a relatively recent band ... Great cover of ghost of Tom Joad!

I've seen Junip live at Moseley Folk Festival, they were good!

The Vinyl Adventure
29-12-2011, 10:32
I expect they were!
There is a album called 'fields' dan ... Worth a go I you haven't got it already!?
I must get you to folk me up a bit more next time your down... It's all going down very well these days!
I really like that later tongue album btw, I know your not as keen, it not the same as the other stuff but I think it's just as good... Sometimes you just need a more catchy choon ya know!!??

The Grand Wazoo
29-12-2011, 11:54
I must get you to folk me up a bit more next time your down...

I thought you were already completely folked up Hamish!

DanJennings
29-12-2011, 11:57
I expect they were!
There is a album called 'fields' dan ... Worth a go I you haven't got it already!?
I must get you to folk me up a bit more next time your down... It's all going down very well these days!
I really like that later tongue album btw, I know your not as keen, it not the same as the other stuff but I think it's just as good... Sometimes you just need a more catchy choon ya know!!??

meh, I still don't like it.... I like Hustle and Sashimi and the rest is a bit mediocre imo...

I'm actually down in Worcester in a few weeks time, off to see Fairport Convention again, I might come for a couple of days if you are free...

The Vinyl Adventure
29-12-2011, 12:17
best ring me closer to the time ...
i imagine we can squeeze a beer or 2 in!