PDA

View Full Version : Best way all round for me

Rare Bird
25-12-2011, 13:17
As a lot of people with large collections of CD's, especialy people that don't physically play the things anymore, space can become an issue! not to mention large collections of CD's on display look an eye sore imho.

If large collections on show are important to people don't read on but if not do :lol:

This is what i do, i remove the CD from the jewel case, disregard the case & the inlay. Place the CD in a protective bag place that inside the booklet all housed in poly protective sleeve, these then live in a specially adapted set of drawers..You can, believe it or not get thousands in such a small area.. The Japanese card sleeve editions obviously stay as they are since the Japanese know how to manufacture & package CD's properly :eyebrows:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Aero01.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/LIVING-SIN/Aero02.jpg

Tim
25-12-2011, 14:27
I think that's pretty much what Alex does André and something I intend doing after my next move in January - the room they take up is getting unmanageable and as I never play them, it's rather ridiculous. Question is, where did you buy the sleeves from fella?

:cool:

Alex_UK
25-12-2011, 20:57
Yep, that's my modus operandi - I buy the sleeves from Tesco! (12 years ago when I started this route, it wasn't quite so easy!)

MartinT
25-12-2011, 21:28
Each to their own, chaps. Me: I buy ever more Ikea Benno units as I like my CDs to be easily accessible. However, my sorting and moving has fallen behind of late and I feel a day's work coming up soon.

Reid Malenfant
25-12-2011, 21:37
More shelves :eyebrows: Also getting rid of stuff to other locations that don't happen to be 100% original ;) I have 6 CDs on the floor to the right of me, I bet that turns into a few hundred inside of 6 months & I'm picky :rfl:

jazzpiano
25-12-2011, 22:06
Hi Andre and Merry Christmas! Can you describe how the "specialy adapted set of drawers" works? How you prevent scratching, etc.?

Thanks,
Barry

Rare Bird
25-12-2011, 22:29
Can you describe how the "specialy adapted set of drawers" works?

Just a set of drawers with custom made partitions inside to suite the size required

How you prevent scratching, etc.?

No Scratching the CD is in a thin protective bag if you carefully look at the first picture :)

Jonboy
25-12-2011, 23:34
Just a set of drawer with custom made partitions inside to suite the size required

Pics would be good for those interested me old mucker :)

I use a merchants chest for my cds, this sort of thing (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corona-Pine-4-3-2-Drawer-Merchant-Chest-Drawers-Mexican-Pine-NEW-Free-Deliver-/130610502362?pt=UK_Bedroom_Furniture&hash=item1e68fe1ada)

i have found that since i've been streaming more i forget what i have got music wise because i don't go rummaging and re- discover cds

There's a lot to be said for owning the original and going throught the tactile process of browsing,

MartinT
26-12-2011, 12:00
There's a lot to be said for ownig the original and going throught the tactile process of browsing,

:wave:

Rare Bird
26-12-2011, 13:03
Yes. i do insist on physical media but don't need to browes through it anymore.